G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now

+8
bigredlaguna
Iguy
pila
Dinomyte
Limey SE
NOMOREWORK
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
fasrnur
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 Empty Re: Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now

Post by Zaptiah Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 pm

Then i set to work slowly lining everything up and spot welding it back together ... Warning for those sensitive to ugly welds ... I got a bad case of them lol. Fortunately its in a place no one will see.

This is what its supposed to look like

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180826

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 Empty Re: Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now

Post by Zaptiah Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:28 pm

After a lot of work i got most of it roughly aligned ... Now the real work begins ... As you can see i am stitching my way up and re-aligning every inch to half inch or so. A little grinding and it will be good as new ... Next weekend.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180828
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180827

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:06 pm

Alrighty made progress today. That ugly hole is repaired. Its still ugly but no one will see it as its actually covered, buts it's structurely sound now so im happy with it ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180832

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Also i started to clean up an extra set of stainless window trim for the rear window. This is a before and after. I use the stuff in the after picture and swear by it. All natural and safe for use on chrome. I can give a link to the guy the makes it he and his daughter do everything themselves ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180833
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180834

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:08 pm

Daddy got a new toy today ... Woohoo

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180835
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180836

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:35 pm

Another weekend and we got some progress on the patients heart transplant ....

This is how the day started

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19940235/34Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 Resize10[/url]

And after just a little bit ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 Resize11

Last edited by Zaptiah on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Give me a wrench and an incredibly helpful son and BAM ...Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 Resize12
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 Resize13

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:41 pm

So at the end of the day we have a motor on a stand and big empty hole to stuff the original heartbeat back in the old girl ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 Resize15
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 Resize14

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:45 pm

I love pulling engines.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:50 pm

One of the things I would really like people to take away from this thread is to just get out and do it. Make a plan based on a dream. I don't have the kind of pockets that would let me drop 20 or 25k on this in a short time period. What I do have to the desire to drive a hot rod Chevy like when I was in High School. It takes hard work but everyone can do this. I haven't pulled a motor in 20 years, and its been a hard 20 years so I'm not exactly fit and rocking a 6pack ... Keep in mind I dont have a big garage I can pull the car into and disassemble. I am doing this in my driveway and only half of the car will fit in what little garage I do have. SO if you have a dream like this sit down and put it on paper, figure out what it will take and get started. Do it 1 step at a time, save up for it like I have and it can be doen. God knows if a fat broken old fart like me can do it everyone else can and probably better Very Happy

Last edited by Zaptiah on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:54 pm

Ok so the last update to post this weekend is a package arrived ... Gosh i wonder what it could possibly be?

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180837

Last edited by Zaptiah on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:55 pm

Oh look kids ... My baby is getting new shoes ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180838

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 pm

Soooo ... When the new tires arrive i will have some proper meats under this naughty girl

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180839

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Ooohh.  I got some new wheels last week.  I know how good it feels.  Be proud young Skywalker. Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 Img_4121
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:09 am

Zaptiah wrote:One of the things I would really like people to take away from this thread is to just get out and do it. Make a plan based on a dream. I don't have the kind of pockets that would let me drop 20 or 25k on this in a short time period. What I do have to the desire to drive a hot rod Chevy like when I was in High School. It takes hard work but everyone can do this. I haven't pulled a motor in 20 years, and its been a hard 20 years so I'm not exactly fit and rocking a 6pack ... Keep in mind I dont have a big garage I can pull the car into and disassemble. I am doing this in my driveway and only half of the car will fit in what little garage I do have. SO if you have a dream like this sit down and put it on paper, figure out what it will take and get started. Do it 1 step at a time, save up for it like I have and it can be doen. God knows if a fat broken old fart like me can do it everyone else can and probably better Very Happy

I wanted to expand on this thought while i was thinking of it. For those lurking and thinking of pulling the trigger on a project i have to say plan ... A lot. Shop around for alternatives to the big name fancy products. I am saving tons of money by purchasing parts what we used to call "off brand". Its great when people have the bank to buy things like Foose wheels to show up everyone else but for those of us of mortal means go look at those bidget options. Also on performance upgrades on your engines find a local machinest and build a relationship with them. My total rebuild cost on the original engine is just slightly more than a base stock long block. And if you take that route you get double the power and keep the simplicity of the original engine.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NOMOREWORK Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:53 am

What size wheels did you end up with?

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:03 pm

I bought 17x8 for the front and 17x9.5 in the rear. I will be mounting 255/45r17 on front and 275/50r17 in the rear. the Tires I ordered are Nitto NT555G2 3 season performance. I will be posting all the measurements mounted on the car when the tires come in and I can mount them. My initial measurements of just the wheels on the car say that I should be just fine for fitment. there is a slim chance i will have to roll the fender in the rear - but I wont be sure until I get them mounted. the 275/60r15s fits just fine. I used several calculators and measured 5 times so I think it will fit perfectly. The biggest concern is that different tire manufacturers build to ever so slightly different specs so the final work will be in ... eventually ... still waiting on 2 tires.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iguy Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:16 am

You should be fine. I run 18X8.5 (-6 ET) front with 255/45/18, that's an inch taller than yours, and 18X9.5 (0 ET) rear with 285/40/18. Tires are Nitto 555G2, you'll love them. The Nittos seem to run a little narrow compared to other brands. No rubbing anywhere, I didn't roll my fenders, and I have lowered the car quite a bit. I could easily go an inch wider on the rear and probably the front too without any mods to the fenders.
Iguy
Iguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Iguy wrote:You should be fine.  I run 18X8.5 (-6 ET) front with 255/45/18, that's an inch taller than yours, and 18X9.5 (0 ET) rear with 285/40/18.  Tires are Nitto 555G2, you'll love them.  The Nittos seem to run a little narrow compared to other brands.  No rubbing anywhere, I didn't roll my fenders, and I have lowered the car quite a bit.  I could easily go an inch wider on the rear and probably the front too without any mods to the fenders.

That's good to hear. When I measured the wheels alone it appeared like I would be o.k. but you never know. Also good to know those Nitto's run a hair thin as that helps too Very Happy

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Aalllrrriigghty then .. Those bloody tires finally showed up ... Woohoo

Tire shop had a nifty new attachment for the machine which made mounting smoother ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180910

I really praised this guy to the manager. Used clean rags between the clamps amd the wheel to prrvent marks and handled then with rags to prevent getting then dirty.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:05 pm

So i rushed right home and mounted them up

I think they look waaayyy better

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 2 20180911

I will post up all the mounted measurements when i get the new engine installed. Right now she is sitting seriously off balance and i was getting some weird numbers because of it. Still looks sexy now though 😄😄

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NOMOREWORK Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Wheels look great !

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:55 am

NOMOREWORK wrote:Wheels look great !

X2!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Thanks 😀

It's looking like I'm not going to get much more done for a week or two. I live a few minutes north of Charlotte and since i do most my work outside i think Florence is going to discourage any of that ... lol

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:08 pm

You're pretty far inland so hopefully it'll be just rain by the time it gets to you, but stay safe!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next