G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Color match 63w Dark Saddle interior paint

2 posters

Go down

Color match 63w Dark Saddle interior paint Empty Color match 63w Dark Saddle interior paint

Post by tgaetto Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:13 pm

I am going to paint my dash back to its original color. The guy I bought the car from replaced the pad with one thats in great shape but went with black over blue. I was going to get it redone but Just dash is way to pricey. So for now its paint. I have a few plastic pieces that need done too. What I am after s anyone who painted with Dark Buckskin and what they found to be the best match. I see some stuff out there but the colors vary so much.

Here is waht I’d like to get in the ball park with -

Color match 63w Dark Saddle interior paint Fe933a10
Color match 63w Dark Saddle interior paint D7f29810
tgaetto
tgaetto
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Color match 63w Dark Saddle interior paint Empty Re: Color match 63w Dark Saddle interior paint

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:41 am

Buckskin/Saddle interiors are difficult to match with off-the-shelf rattle cans due to sun fade. This past summer I bought a can of SEM 15033 Saddle Tan to match a piece of Dark Saddle trim and, in my eyes, it just wasn't close enough for it to not be noticeable against the other plastic trims. However, if you were to paint all the interior plastic, I think it would be close enough to what you're looking for.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Color match 63w Dark Saddle interior paint Empty Re: Color match 63w Dark Saddle interior paint

Post by tgaetto Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:06 pm

Thanks, I just received lower door panels from Eklers - the color was “camel” and it was sorta close, however they were damaged so they’re in RMA hell right now. I will definitely paint it all so I should be okay with whatever the shade is..

Nice Monte, I had a 76
tgaetto
tgaetto
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:21 pm

I had also bought some SEM 15173 Camel...but, it's got too much of an orange tint to it.  I actually tried combining the two colors by over-spraying them together and achieved satisfactory success when trying to match some interior in my Ford Explorer.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by tgaetto Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:42 pm

Thanks for the update, Definitely not happy with Eklers customer service. They wanted pictures of the damage and gave me an email address to send them to. I sent them and heard nothing. Called them spoke to “Tony” who said “Katie” will contact you... that was Friday morning. Still haven’t heard a thing - kinda wondering why they haven’t sent a label and RMA ID... color match to come. Getting ready to put it back together. In the middle of converting the mirrors to power.
tgaetto
tgaetto
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down