G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitch's 75 Laguna Tach Restoration

2 posters

Go down

Mitch's 75 Laguna Tach Restoration Empty Mitch's 75 Laguna Tach Restoration

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:39 pm

Finally got Mitch's tach restored and sent back to him. He seems to be very happy with it. Here are some before and after pics as well as a video of how I did his restoration. I also posted some info on the original thread "Dead tach....need tach filter?" that was started back in 2014. Information I received recently from one of the company's that manufactures new tach circuit boards made me go back and test some of the tach's I had with these new replacement boards and had great success. Hope this helps someone out with their tach.

RESTORATION VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU8ZpvgKDFc&t=75s

BEFORE:
Mitch's 75 Laguna Tach Restoration Mitch_12
Mitch's 75 Laguna Tach Restoration Mitch_10
Mitch's 75 Laguna Tach Restoration Mitch_11

AFTER:
Mitch's 75 Laguna Tach Restoration Mitch_14
Mitch's 75 Laguna Tach Restoration Mitch_13
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Mitch's 75 Laguna Tach Restoration Empty Re: Mitch's 75 Laguna Tach Restoration

Post by Limey SE Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:10 pm

watched this Vid a few times ALl I can say is your stepping up the game for everyone and SO SO Happy we have someone Like yourself Helping People in the forum like ya do and Glad you started a YT Channel to help also

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:09 pm

Thanks so much Limey for those kind words! That makes the long hours invested in this awesome hobby more than worth it. I've learned a ton of stuff here on this forum over the years. So sharing some of what I learned along the way seems like the right thing to do. There are a bunch of very knowledgeable folks here that you won't find anywhere else. Our jobs here should be to continue to share our knowledge and create more conversation among us with the topics that are posted here daily. This will help keep our generation of cars relevant in the big world of the "webbernet" like Kevin Tetz likes to say. We also need to focus on creating more interest from the younger folks that's coming up behind us so these G3's eventually get the respect they truly deserve. Limey, you've done a great job by passing on the torch to your daughter. She'll be a G3'er for life! I have 2 sons that are just luke warm to this hobby, but I hope before too long they'll dive in head first like your daughter. Lets continue to get this info stuck in our heads, out here on this forum!

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down