G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some people are so very very mean...

+12
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
coreys73chevelle
McCauley5983
MichiganMuscle77
Malicruiser
lars
novaderrik
dragons_lair59
ant7377
HDHugger
Roadcaptain S3
bigredlaguna
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some people are so very very mean... - Page 2 Empty Re: Some people are so very very mean...

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:35 am

Malicruiser wrote:
BlackChevelleSS wrote:
novaderrik wrote:
BlackChevelleSS wrote:hell the GVW of my geo storm is like 3400

GVW is Gross Vehicle Weight- the maximum weight that it is rated to carry when full of gas, people, and luggage.
it's actual curb weight is probably closer to 2500 pounds.

hence why I put GVW

My car weighs in at 2000lbs, im hoping to get it down to 1800lbs without me in it, then 180-200hp probably looking at low 13s in a geo storm haha. My 70 chevelle weighed in 4000lbs with me in it.
You should try to put a home fabbed turbo on and push for 12s or even 11s, just imagine the look on the peoples faces when you smoke a BB Camaro with your Geo! Lol.

Stop spilling my plans man. Im going to pick up a factory turbo manifold, turbo, and downpipe on wednesday. I got a DOHC 16v 1.6L engine on the stand being freshened up to replace the 90hp 1.6L 12valve SOHC. The DOHC is rated at 120hp with 10:1 compression. Im doing a full port job going to try and find a set of 1.8L cams. Since it has factory cast pistons and 10:1 compression the most boost ill be running is probably 7psi. Which im hoping to get 180hp with this setup, another problem im having is the 1bar map. So Ill be running a bandaid fuel setup for now.
With 180hp and 1800lbs im guessing it will be low 13s high 12s
One of these days I hope to get forged pistons and 9:1 comp and more boost and a 2 bar map. Cool
Or just find an impulse RS and have a turbo AWD geo storm Twisted Evil

Some people are so very very mean... - Page 2 SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Some people are so very very mean... - Page 2 Empty Re: Some people are so very very mean...

Post by Malicruiser Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:43 am

BlackChevelleSS wrote:
Malicruiser wrote:
BlackChevelleSS wrote:
novaderrik wrote:

GVW is Gross Vehicle Weight- the maximum weight that it is rated to carry when full of gas, people, and luggage.

hence why I put GVW

My car weighs in at 2000lbs, im hoping to get it down to 1800lbs without me in it, then 180-200hp probably looking at low 13s in a geo storm haha. My 70 chevelle weighed in 4000lbs with me in it.
You should try to put a home fabbed turbo on and push for 12s or even 11s, just imagine the look on the peoples faces when you smoke a BB Camaro with your Geo! Lol.

Stop spilling my plans man. Im going to pick up a factory turbo manifold, turbo, and downpipe on wednesday. I got a DOHC 16v 1.6L engine on the stand being freshened up to replace the 90hp 1.6L 12valve SOHC. The DOHC is rated at 120hp with 10:1 compression. Im doing a full port job going to try and find a set of 1.8L cams. Since it has factory cast pistons and 10:1 compression the most boost ill be running is probably 7psi. Which im hoping to get 180hp with this setup, another problem im having is the 1bar map. So Ill be running a bandaid fuel setup for now.
With 180hp and 1800lbs im guessing it will be low 13s high 12s
One of these days I hope to get forged pistons and 9:1 comp and more boost and a 2 bar map. Cool
Or just find an impulse RS and have a turbo AWD geo storm Twisted Evil
Oh dear lord, that would be so fun to drive! A friend of mine has a perfect running geo metro that just sits beside his house with no purpose, he refuses to drive it. I'm trying to convince him to swap in a cavalier 2.2 Ecotec. Twisted Evil
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:48 am

Its already fun to drive with the 90hp, I can put a good spanking on some stock gt mustangs and third gen camaros for about an 1/8th mile then they usually past me, somewhere around 60mph. Im not afraid to not lift on the gas when shifting haha with 90hp nothing going to be breaking LOL

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:53 pm

BlackChevelleSS >>>> New name - RedRicerGeo......

I can't say much though since I have a special spot reserved for Eclipses & I've whooped up on 5.0s with my modded Taurus. Oh yeah, I also plan to have a turbocharged Suzuki.... & uh...... never mind.

I haven't looked at the article yet, going off of the responses, it sounds like it was wrote by someone not worth listening to anyways.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:26 pm

BlackChevelleSS wrote:
novaderrik wrote:

hence why I put GVW

did you sell your 70?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by MichiganMuscle77 Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:39 pm

This was the best selling car in the world in 1977.

Some people are so very very mean... - Page 2 4-4

Those people in that article saying Collonade A-bodies were crap can suck it.

MichiganMuscle77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Rago wrote:BlackChevelleSS >>>> New name - RedRicerGeo......

I can't say much though since I have a special spot reserved for Eclipses & I've whooped up on 5.0s with my modded Taurus. Oh yeah, I also plan to have a turbocharged Suzuki.... & uh...... never mind.

I haven't looked at the article yet, going off of the responses, it sounds like it was wrote by someone not worth listening to anyways.

Theres nothing ricer about it other than the red painted calipers. And you cant call me ricer ive almost owned as many american muscle cars as you..... lets see....8 of them I think, i might be missing something. But ive also owned 4 geo storms (which are considered american cars, GEO is GM but they were built by isuzu) 2 toyota supra turbos which both were built pretty much in the US, and then a POS eclipse that my GEO would smoke the crap out of.

TWBouska wrote:

did you sell your 70?

Nope I still got it, my daily driver turned into the weekend driver when gas prices got so high

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Your Eclipse wasn't a turbo. Razz

Just giving you hell on the ricer part, I like anything that can go fast.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:17 am

it was a 94 4cyl automatic car with 200K on it i think it was the slowest car ive ever drove Embarassed

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 am

TWBouska wrote:

did you sell your 70?

Nope I still got it, my daily driver turned into the weekend driver when gas prices got so high[/quote]

how much are you guys paying a gallon out there? were up to $3.00-3.15
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 am

BlackChevelleSS wrote:it was a 94 4cyl automatic car with 200K on it i think it was the slowest car ive ever drove Embarassed

Those are slow, especially if it had the 1.8 instead of the 2.0. I think the 1.8L only had like 145-150 hp, 2.0 turbos were underrated at 190-210 depending on year & with just a couple of quick (free) tweaks to the boost, you can easily push 225 on the older ones. When they switched to a smaller turbo in the mid 90's, they upped the compression & changed a few things to keep the power, but it became a different animal. I've owned both & stock for stock, the 96 would eat the 91, but early model 6 bolts have way more potential. I'm still hooked on boost if you can't tell. Good thing dad works at a turbo shop. Twisted Evil
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:18 pm

MichiganMuscle77 wrote:This was the best selling car in the world in 1977.

Some people are so very very mean... - Page 2 4-4

Those people in that article saying Collonade A-bodies were crap can suck it.

i like that ALOT cheers
......new background lol!
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:27 am

when you slap all the electonics and the football fields of wire in these new cars(which may i add they need to be driveable)there isnt much of a weight difference. the only thing that gives new cars there fuel mileage and "power"is the transmission.i.e. the 2 stage overdrive there putting in cars and the 5 or 6 speed transmissions,good luck finding a four speed or and overdrive tranny that can withstand the power of a good hopped up v8 aside from the tko 6 speed
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:40 am

TWBouska wrote:

did you sell your 70?

Nope I still got it, my daily driver turned into the weekend driver when gas prices got so high

Ill trade ya your 70 for my 73!! and if you want your BBC motor its all your i just need some kinda small block!
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:07 am

Rago wrote:
BlackChevelleSS wrote:it was a 94 4cyl automatic car with 200K on it i think it was the slowest car ive ever drove Embarassed

Those are slow, especially if it had the 1.8 instead of the 2.0. I think the 1.8L only had like 145-150 hp, 2.0 turbos were underrated at 190-210 depending on year & with just a couple of quick (free) tweaks to the boost, you can easily push 225 on the older ones. When they switched to a smaller turbo in the mid 90's, they upped the compression & changed a few things to keep the power, but it became a different animal. I've owned both & stock for stock, the 96 would eat the 91, but early model 6 bolts have way more potential. I'm still hooked on boost if you can't tell. Good thing dad works at a turbo shop. Twisted Evil

Probably more like 40hp sounds about right to be. My 90hp geo would smoke the crap out of the so called 150hp

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:48 am

I believe it. Especially if it was the crap A$$ 1.8 auto car. They should have NEVER made those.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Some people are so very very mean... - Page 2 100_6054

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:46 am

coreys73chevelle wrote:
TWBouska wrote:

did you sell your 70?

Ill trade ya your 70 for my 73!! and if you want your BBC motor its all your i just need some kinda small block!

haha sorry man its not really mine to get rid of, the car is actually my girls, if you come up on 50-60 grand though, my ladys dad has a 70 convertible with a 502 and tremec 5 speed for sale.

ill trade you my 72 GMC Sierra for your 73 though, and bonus, its actually in oregon too so bonus its a shorter drive for you.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:12 pm

tht motor looks weird as hell
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:04 pm

That motor looks like it's gonna tear the poor GEO in half when it's done. Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:55 am

Yea I know of someone that had the same setup who put 185hp to the tire so its gonna do some spanking

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:04 am

Rago wrote:That motor looks like it's gonna tear the poor GEO in half when it's done. Very Happy
I knew a guy who put a sb Chevy in a Vega and that happened. It happened so long ago I can't remember if he had any rust issues or not. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum