G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apparently the Monte Carlo is a G Body. Lol...

5 posters

Go down

Apparently the Monte Carlo is a G Body. Lol... Empty Apparently the Monte Carlo is a G Body. Lol...

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:47 am

Check out this banter from some a-hole saying the 73-77 Monte Carlo was a G-Body. Lmao.

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=237252941266&v=photos&ref=ts#!/photo.php?pid=270310&op=2&o=global&view=global&subj=237252941266&id=100000429431519

If the link does not work, let me know, I'll copypasta each individual comment.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Apparently the Monte Carlo is a G Body. Lol... Empty Re: Apparently the Monte Carlo is a G Body. Lol...

Post by The Dude Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:09 am

...Can't get on FB at work any more. Sad

The 73-77 Monte Carlo is a G Body though. Sources are conflicting & I've never paid much attention to Montes, but I've always thought that they were G Bodies. 🤷

"The G-body designation was originally used for 1969–1972 Pontiac Grand Prix and 1970–1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo personal luxury coupes. Between 1973 and 1981 the coupes with formal rooflines were designated as A-Special and after 1982 dubbed as the G-Special. These special coupes included Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme and Buick Regal two door models." - Wikipedia, so take this with a grain of salt.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Apparently the Monte Carlo is a G Body. Lol... Empty Re: Apparently the Monte Carlo is a G Body. Lol...

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:13 am

It will never be a G-Body to me(73-77 at least), I don't give a rat's A$$ what anyone tells me. Lol.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:20 pm

you cant go trusting wikipedia now! The montecarlo is an abody

Formal roof lines? The monte carlo shares the same roof line as the chevelle in the first gens. Ive never seen anyone call the 2nd gen chevelle a g-body

Apparently the Monte Carlo is a G Body. Lol... SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:50 pm

LOL, I said take it with a grain of salt........

Don't you mean 2nd gen Monte though?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:31 pm

As far as I am concerned the 73-77 Monte Carlo is an A-body and the 1978-1988 Monte Carlo is a G-body.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Same here.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:34 am

Gold Jacket.... Green Jacket....
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:51 pm

In my eyes, 78-82 Malibus aren't A Bodies....... but they are. Some people say that cucumbers taste better pickled.

Anyone got some documentation proving one way or the other?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down