G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you guys pick your rims

+20
The Dude
JasonZ
77malibu77
Roadcaptain S3
badbiscayne66
Limey SE
orange Juiced
junk yard creeper
74 chevelle malibu
JiMi_DRiX
Marshall.Pixley
lars
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
Jim_Rockford
74MonteCarlo
74Malibu383
Malicruiser
chevy76monteman
IndyG3
75 Classic
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you guys pick your rims

Post by JiMi_DRiX Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:47 pm

I was 17 and thought they looked cool but still had the old school look. I actually had never seen them on another car back then, I wasnt going to car shows and retaining memory and learning things quite yet back then. lol. But afterwards, I noticed how popular they are, but whatever.
It took a few years however to get the sizes down and find what I liked. I had an almost lowrider look with 225/60 tires for a while. then I went 225/70, then again 225/70 but white letters, AND THEN, went with a wider rear wheel and have what I have now. I'm thinking some day I'll get a set of Rally's though and give it more of an original look.
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you guys pick your rims

Post by The Dude Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 am

JiMi, I think your rims match the car more than a set of Rallies would & not just because I'm a rally wheel anti-fan. If you go with original wheels, the Monte Turbines would be more fitting.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Those Landau Turbines? I hate those things. lol
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:10 pm

LoL yeah, but they are less common than the Rally wheels so they get my nod just for standing out from the crowd. Your current wheels look awesome on there IMHO.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 chevelle malibu Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:23 pm

I have alot of complements on mine and for the price I was not complaining. It all depends what you plan on doing with car . I am a big fan of the pro touring look so went with 18s. If into drag look stay with some 15 in centerlines. Just beware if plan on going with bigger brakes then larger wheel is necessary.
74 chevelle malibu
74 chevelle malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by junk yard creeper Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:34 pm

75 Classic wrote:Hey was also wondering how you guys picked the rims on your car. did you stay with a traditional look or do you go with some of the newer style rims like something from foose or boyd. I have two in mind i like the old school style rims but i want something new and still old school feel so i was thinking about the boss 338 or the boyd's crown jewel lets hear those opinions guys and thanks for all the feedback on my paint choices
I really like the D slot mag's but I'm probbly going rally's 15 8's in the front 15 10's in the back.
junk yard creeper
junk yard creeper
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:48 pm

that would look sweet one more convert to the 10" wheels club CHA CHING

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Limey wrote:that would look sweet one more convert to the 10" wheels club CHA CHING

might be 2 more because i want to go with some wide tires in the back of my camino. centerlines
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:53 pm

How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 Bis5

10"INCHERS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 pm

badbiscayne66 wrote:How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 Bis5

Shocked Shocked
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:56 pm

them for the biscayne right buddy ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:07 pm

How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 Bis6
YEP
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:11 pm

How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 2008_0608Image0011
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 pm

DRAGLIGHTS
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:20 pm

badbiscayne66 wrote:How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 Bis5

WOAH NELLY!
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:53 pm

How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 Guna030

dragmasters
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:55 pm

How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 Guna031
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:18 am

i picked my rims by whatever came up cheap when I had money.

How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 IMGP9195

How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:43 am

Just curious, what is the wheelbase on a 66 Biscayne? JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:38 am

Droool............. all these pics of badass rides & then one with a hottie. I just can't take much more!

I know the Dragmasters aren't in production anymore, but anyone know of some similar rims that are? Definitely unique.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:49 am

There are plenty of simular rims out there, the trick is getting them in the right offset and backset. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:51 am

BlackChevelleSS wrote:i picked my rims by whatever came up cheap when I had money.

How did you guys pick your rims  - Page 2 IMGP9195

Me too. I've only bought new wheels a couple of times, and then it was pretty much the same wheel, just a little bigger. Like going from 14x5 to 15x7 or something.

I usually like stock type wheels (Rallys or Magnums) or factory wheels that came on something similar. (Vette wheels or Z28)

Too cheap to spring for new wheels ususally, and even if I had the money, there were too many choices.

Plus wheels have always been trendy, people would run out and buy wheels just because they were coll at the time, then have to buy new ones a few years later when the trend changed.

Factory wheels almost always look good in any era.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:05 am

With the economy the way it is now and with the glut of wheels made in china, the price of wheels is starting to drop like a rock. When I bought my Centerline wheels they were an expensive, but obtainable $250 a piace. Last time I checked they were $400 a piece. I was just skipping around wheel sites and found chinese knockoffs at $90 a piece, copies of TQs and Ansen Sprints. If anyone wants a nice looking, but very unusual wheel, check this out. http://www.akhwheels.com/pages/showWheel.php?pk=281
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:20 pm

LOL jb those are van wheels

"Appliance Wiremag for custom vans."

but not too bad
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonZ Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:14 pm

In the process to find lightweight wheels that will fit my GTA.
JasonZ
JasonZ
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next