G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost a good car this morning

+2
JB2wheeler
The Dude
6 posters

Go down

Lost a good car this morning Empty Lost a good car this morning

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:24 am

My son in law was on his way home from work at 4 AM this morn and hit a deer buck doing about 55 or 60MPH. I bought him that 2005 Hyundi Sonata brand new as a present and it has not caused one minute's trouble, except for a blowout or two. Hate to see the car go. The hardheaded son in law was not hurt. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Lost a good car this morning Empty Re: Lost a good car this morning

Post by The Dude Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:41 am

Had something similar just happen to me. Last night my brother was borrowing my 2005 Durango & hit a deer. Luckily it just busted out the grille, but still sucks. Seems like you can never be too careful for deer running out in front of your car.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:57 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:My son in law was on his way home from work at 4 AM this morn and hit a deer buck doing about 55 or 60MPH. I bought him that 2005 Hyundi Sonata brand new as a present and it has not caused one minute's trouble, except for a blowout or two. Hate to see the car go. The hardheaded son in law was not hurt. JB
ouch...hopefully insurance covers it?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:33 pm

That sucks to hear. I've almost been a victim to those bastard-deer and their insurance fraud schemes! The second night I owned my station wagon I was headed down a road where deer were notorious for running around. One shot out of nowhere and sprinted in front of my car. It was about a foot from my car. I never wanna anymore crap about older cars having bad brakes after that incident. I hate deer. Evil or Very Mad
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:47 pm

There was insurance on the Hyundi. Well, I lost two cars in one day, I sold my LTD on Ebay for a third of what I had in it. That is a very solid car. I needed the money to pay my property tax next month. I was totally broke and something had to give. Hmmm...and they call these the golden years! JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:26 pm

I've hit two deer with my pickup. One was a no-damage hit, but the other one trashed the whole front of the truck. In central Michigan we need more doe permits to bring the deer population under control. I have near misses occasionally, usually around 9 to 11 PM.
Trouble is, even with insurance, it's gonna cost the deductable part, which is 250 bucks for me. It's good to hear that the son-in-law didn't get injured though.......

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:27 pm

IndyG3 wrote: I never wanna anymore crap about older cars having bad brakes after that incident. I hate deer. Evil or Very Mad

in case you didnt already know, a cheap way to upgrade the brakes on G3's is to get the rear drums off of a 76/77 model...their like 2 inches bigger...makes a HUGE difference.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:41 pm

My Malibu is a '74, with the 9.5 inch brakes on the rear, and seems OK. But I have 11 inch on the '75 El Camino, with the 9" Furd rear. Should be easy enough to pick up some 11 inch sets for the '75 and earlier cars. The axles will have to come out to change the backing plates I believe, but still no big deal.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:07 am

TWBouska AKA Wooderson wrote:
IndyG3 wrote: I never wanna anymore crap about older cars having bad brakes after that incident. I hate deer. Evil or Very Mad

in case you didnt already know, a cheap way to upgrade the brakes on G3's is to get the rear drums off of a 76/77 model...their like 2 inches bigger...makes a HUGE difference.

Did I forget to mention the station wagon was built in 1977? Razz
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:53 am

JB2wheeler wrote:There was insurance on the Hyundi. Well, I lost two cars in one day, I sold my LTD on Ebay for a third of what I had in it. That is a very solid car. I needed the money to pay my property tax next month. I was totally broke and something had to give. Hmmm...and they call these the golden years! JB

Aye.....I'm so very sorry that you had to sell that LTD, JB. And, I'm sorry I wasn't able to afford to add it to my family.....

As for your son-in-law, glad he is OK....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Chicagoland Meets, 2011?
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"All that it takes is some time" ... OAR ... 'Shattered'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:28 am

Had one car for only 7 weeks, and my wife had a wreck in it and almost died. It was a Cadillac, broad-sided by a 4X4 pickup. Good thing it was a heavy car....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down