G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with lost title!

5 posters

Go down

Help with lost title! Empty Help with lost title!

Post by Tom77 Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:45 am

Help with lost title! 39341294006_large

Help with lost title! 39341294005_large

Trying to help my dad out. He has my grandfathers 1928 Model A F___ . He hasnt driven it much. When he was going through the paperwork he noticed that he dosnt have the title. The last time the car was registered was in IL We called there and gave them the plate number and VIN number and they found no record of the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He is looking to get the title so he can sell it. This is an all original roadster with a rumbel seat. Just so you know they dont normally dress like this it was a halloween parade.Very Happy
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Help with lost title! Empty Re: Help with lost title!

Post by McCauley5983 Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:28 am

I've heard that if the vehicle is out of the system you can tell them you lost the title and they'll make one for you probably need to make a bill of sale.I got a 62 rambled that needs a title and the envoy here said if the vehicle has not been registered for like 6 years it gets dropped from the database. They told me all I need to do is take the car to dmv and that they should be able to make me a title with the vin
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks tried that and Indiana says they cant do it if there is no record on file.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:13 pm

what about Broadway title and do you have an Old Insurance card that had the plates listed on it they could search that way .....

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:59 am

I wish I could help but every state is different. Oklahoma is easy to get one with Title 41, Kansas does a silent hearing process which takes up to 6 months to do (autos older than 1949 does not require an old title to obtain a new one), & Missouri can do a bonded vehicle title. Just have to look on the net to see if Indiana has something similar. I am betting that they do.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:27 pm

http://www.in.gov/bmv/2364.htm

There won't be an record in Indiana if never registered there.

My buddy just built a Model A pickup from parts. Have a cop fill out the VIN verfication and then apply for a new title with exempt mileage. He had it sorted out in an afternoon and was driving on a temp plate that night. Also have proof of insurance for it or that will be a show stopper.

Thanks -

jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down