G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GM makes big strides but has a long way to go

4 posters

Go down

GM makes big strides but has a long way to go Empty GM makes big strides but has a long way to go

Post by lars Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:17 pm

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1556/consumer-reports-most-reliable-cars/
This is interesting.
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

GM makes big strides but has a long way to go Empty Re: GM makes big strides but has a long way to go

Post by ant7377 Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:15 pm

More media pandering to the "ASIAN" cars, bull whoa nelly !!!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

GM makes big strides but has a long way to go Empty Re: GM makes big strides but has a long way to go

Post by bigredlaguna Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:48 pm

The article explains how they get there reliability ratings.

They survey their subscribers, so it is the readers of C.R. that score the cars. Each model has to have at least 100 responses to be rated.

If they did it any other way, I'm sure they would get blown out of the water for not giving full disclosure.

So what does that say about the readers of C.R.?

The one thing that I agree that they may be pandering to foreign brands is the statement in parentheses that says they are reinstating their recommendation for models that had sticky accelerator problems.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:00 am

Most of the GM cars I've had over the years were mostly OK. The worst new one I can remember was a new '66 Pontiac Tempest Sprint. A real POS quality-wise. But a new '59 Catalina Coupe was a great reliable car. The Cadillacs I had were all reliable cars. Of course the work beaters and street rods I had were always getting fixed Very Happy , but it was fun!!
I had only one "foreign" type, a new '71 Datsun pickup, which was mostly OK.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down