G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heads up

5 posters

Go down

Heads up Empty Heads up

Post by The Dude Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:33 pm

LMAO! I just got booted with no warning over at the "other" site. Those of you that frequent it know where I mean. Apparently helping people out by showing them our site is a no no. Very Happy What, I thought it was a good thing.......

Anyways..... this isn't ragging on them, just giving you guys some notice if you go over there don't link to us publicly unless you want kicked off too.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Heads up Empty Re: Heads up

Post by Bill's 74 Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Did that once, but did not get booted. I guess no-one important reads my posts....

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:50 pm

I read all of the posts, but if you notice I didn't post much over there. Most of the questions can be answered by looking here anyways, but oh well. It's a tough life at the top. Wink
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:06 pm

What would happen if this site did the same?

I hate when site managers/admin have the idea that THEIRS is the ONLY site that matters.... There is one I know of where the owner says his is the "main" site for a paticular type of car, that ALL other sites are sub-sites of his, and the 'members' of other sites are automaticly members of his 'club' wether they know it or not. Per his request I was even an admin there for a while, but his God complex got old, as did his taking of my ideas (and others) and calling them his own. Yes, to the best of my knowledge his was the first site for that kind of car, but still, dude, get over yourself. I have told him in person that there are muliple un-related sites for many other types of cars and the world has not come to an end. I won't even go to his site anymore, too much childish junk to deal with, and members posting incorrect tech. data all the time (and if you politly correct them you are a 'know-it-all' jerk, if you don't say anything you are just a jerk).

Bill

Last edited by Bill's 74 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Well Rago, you could not see that coming or what ?? you were warned by the best of the bunch here that used to be there.....

But in all reality I dont know why Tony does the things he does it didn't hurt his site by linking ours but ok O Well

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Bill's 74 wrote:What would happen if this site did the same? Bill

THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN ON THIS SITE
AND BEFORE HE BOOTED ME I EVEN INVITED HIM HERE TO CHECK IT OUT AND IN ANY NO UNCERTAIN TERMS LETS JUST SAY HE SAID NO

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 pm

Limey wrote:
Bill's 74 wrote:What would happen if this site did the same? Bill

THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN ON THIS SITE
AND BEFORE HE BOOTED ME I EVEN INVITED HIM HERE TO CHECK IT OUT AND IN ANY NO UNCERTAIN TERMS LETS JUST SAY HE SAID NO

I was implying that it would not happen here.....

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 pm

ooooooooo I see what ya mean now LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, I did not THINK it would, based on what I have seen in all my years here.....

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Rago wrote:LMAO! I just got booted with no warning over at the "other" site. Those of you that frequent it know where I mean. Apparently helping people out by showing them our site is a no no. Very Happy What, I thought it was a good thing.......

Anyways..... this isn't ragging on them, just giving you guys some notice if you go over there don't link to us publicly unless you want kicked off too.

Thats funny, and kind of pisses me off. whatever, they can do what they wish to rid of their site members. I got nothing against the forum, and hope that they learn that both forums can be here to help each other out.

Heads up SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:03 pm

His is a "for profit" site, he owns a bunch of sites. I have no complaints large enough to stop going there. I try to keep my nose clean no matter what site I am on, but sometimes I slip a little. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:22 am

Limey, I knew it would eventually happen, but I can name off at least two members that I have led to here from there, possibly more that I don't know of. More importantly, I've answered some questions over there for good people that needed the help. My feelings ain't hurt if my help isn't wanted there.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down