G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new top gear

+6
Roadcaptain S3
abajc3
The Dude
dragons_lair59
Bill's 74
JB2wheeler
10 posters

Go down

new top gear Empty new top gear

Post by dragons_lair59 Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:46 pm

on history channel the us take on british top gear has an up coming episode that will effect all g3 fans there are planning bad things for a 76-77 elky
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

new top gear Empty Re: new top gear

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:33 am

Wow, sounds great. I bet I will not see it because I will be watching Bewitched or sumpin'. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:58 am

Two weeks in a row...

I have owned 7 or 8 Turbo Coupes, and all but one were donors. With all the info out there on how weak the A4LDs are, they still beat on the tranny (dumb).

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:55 am

I saw that too. Looks like a 77 by the short shot of the grille that they showed. The best part about last week was ramping the Caddy like General Lee. Did anyone else see the moment of impact? Honestly I don't know how it didn't bend worse.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:23 pm

it was sweet i watched 2x but ive had big cars air born like that but never bent up (mid 70' merc montego 4dr, 75 monte, 2 78 lesabres)
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:05 pm

i saw the trailer and that caddy jump was in it. It pisses me of when i see people bashing classic cars like these. If they did this to a car i sold them id arrange them a dentist appointment! I love them big landyachts. And besides that,you will never see them brits do this to a rolls,they make fun of you and your cars instead.

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Yeah the original TG show is a good one, but they really are biased towards British stuff. Case in point, I watched the Amazon journey last night & they really had a one-sided argument towards the Rover. Barf First off, the Suzuki is a VERY capable machine unlike how they portrayed it. I know this from experience. Secondly, how is it that it gave no problems what-so-ever during the trip, yet the overheating, parts falling off, RR was decided the best $1,000 4x4 for the money? Bull----! The poor Toyota was doomed before it even got off of the boat so I won't even go there.

Their comparison of the Camaro SS vs the Mercedes was ridiculous. They even went as far as calling the Mercedes the better "Musclecar". affraid

OTOH, they are great for laughs especially with the trip from Florida to New Orleans when they passed through Alabama with all of the writing on the cars. One of my favorite moments ever on the show. Smile

Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 am

haha, it is hillarious, but at the same time its sad for the rolls

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Been a big fan of the BBC version for a few years, and the US version is beginning to grow on me. I think it's pretty good, but it will get even better once the hosts get into their own groove and stop trying to be so much like the BBC version.

I can't figure out why they didn't run the Laguna Seca Mustang on the track, I would've loved to see the numbers it put up against the Viper and the Lambos... oh well.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:57 pm

LMFAO at the Alabama stunt
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:11 am

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Been a big fan of the BBC version for a few years, and the US version is beginning to grow on me. I think it's pretty good, but it will get even better once the hosts get into their own groove and stop trying to be so much like the BBC version.

I can't figure out why they didn't run the Laguna Seca Mustang on the track, I would've loved to see the numbers it put up against the Viper and the Lambos... oh well.
I agree, by season two or three they should have one heck of a show going on. I'm betting that the Laguna Seca Mustang would've been faster than the Lambos.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:25 am

abajc3 wrote:it was a sedan de ville

Sorry I was thinking of this episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjzpx_jUUA0
ant7377