G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any changes to your "automotive family" soon?

+8
knightfan26917
SeeTen
orange Juiced
pila
Roadcaptain S3
Limey SE
IndyG3
FormulaZR
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any changes to your "automotive family" soon? Empty Any changes to your "automotive family" soon?

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Anyone else have thoughts of changing up the automotive family?

For a while, I've wanted to add the following vehicles to my car family:
1975 Caprice Classic convertible
1977 Caprice Classic sedan
1978 Caprice Classic coupe
1989 Caprice Classic 9C1
1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

But, now ... the only vehicle I want to add to my family is a 1989 Caprice Classic (sedan or 9C1), to be the "summer" daily driver to my "winter warrior" 1979 Caprice Classic sedan.

Along with that, I've decided that, if the "right" '1989 CC (good shape, FI, cruise control, A/C, power, road trip worthy, etc.) comes along, I'll probably sell my 1972 MC. Why? Because my '72 MC is the only "expendable" MC I own ... the '76 is the year my parents had; the '79 is my first car; the '81 was my parents' car; and the '87 has sentimental reasons for the year....

But, even that plan could change, if my next checkup indicates I need more surgery ...and/or... I buy my own house....

In the meantime, my newest cars will have to do ... ~50 of them. I bought 80 cars, ~30 of which I bought for my nephew, who is learning what each car is VERY quickly!

I bought these 2 for Dad:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32248265&id=1300282613&l=23a0c9524f

I bought these for my nephew:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32248270&id=1300282613&l=23a0c9524f

And, these are mine:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32248267&id=1300282613&l=23a0c9524f

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32248268&id=1300282613&l=23a0c9524f

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32248269&id=1300282613&l=23a0c9524f

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_10.15.11_Volo.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Nothing stays the same" __ Sick Puppies __ 'Maybe'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Any changes to your "automotive family" soon? Empty Re: Any changes to your "automotive family" soon?

Post by The Dude Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:56 am

I change my lineup frequently so I don't get too bored. My guess is that I'll probably get another 4wd soon since I'm getting the offroad itch pretty badly. I'd also like to get something with a manual trans. Typically I always keep one in the fleet for when I'm in the mood to shift through gears. It's been 6 months since I sold the last one I had. That's another itch.

I'm thinking Jeep Wrangler, Suzuki Samurai, GEO Tracker, somewhere in those lines unless I run across a small extended cab 4wd.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Any changes to your "automotive family" soon? Empty Re: Any changes to your "automotive family" soon?

Post by FormulaZR Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 am

Yes, I'm fixing to sell my 2003 Mercedes CL600 so I can support my Laguna addiction.

Also, I may have found an '87 Grand National for a good price...

FormulaZR
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeTen Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:40 pm

I've been thinking of getting a 73-77 Chevelle wagon. I also just recently got a 94 Cop Caprice for the LT1 engine & tranny that I'll probably drive until I'm ready to part it out.
SeeTen
SeeTen
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Wes, is that cop car in bad enough shape to part out? Around here they sell for quite a bundle. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm thinning out my herd. I already got rid of my Colorado, and I'm getting my Chevelle wagon ready to be sold. I'm gonna be down to a 2 door Blazer for DD use, then I'll also still have my '74 Chevelle.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:28 am

Laguna is gone.... Crying or Very sad

Impala is in paint jail... Sad

4Runner will be going away soon.

Wife wants a new family truckster...my garage is in shock.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:44 am

Impala is in paint jail? Better post up pics when it gets a fresh coat of titty pink. LMAO!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:48 am

LMFAO

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 am

Rago wrote:Impala is in paint jail? Better post up pics when it gets a fresh coat of titty pink. LMAO!

I've never seen titty pink...is that a GM color? Sounds more like a Mopar shade.
Are we talking like breast pink, or more of a nipple-ish pink/brown?
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:01 am

Thumb resize.

Last edited by Rago on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:04 am

Any changes to your "automotive family" soon? Pinkim11
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:05 am

Any changes to your "automotive family" soon? Pnk10
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:07 am

LoL! If you did that to your car, it would be a permanent ban.

Seriously though, are you sticking with Black Cherry?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:08 am

Rago wrote:Thumb resize.

ROFL Dude almost spit my soda out at the screen when I seen this

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:09 am

Rago wrote:LoL! If you did that to your car, it would be a permanent ban.

Seriously though, are you sticking with Black Cherry?

Yeah, gonna keep it as close to stock as possible. Even though that shade of pink on the bottom left of the udder is tempting.

Should have it back in a week or so, but you know how the paint Warden can be.

Last edited by Roadcaptain S3 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 am

You should sell me your wheels though. Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:12 am

If you mean the Vette wheels, they went to AZ a few months ago...
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 am

Nope. I mean the Impala SS wheels. Just giving you a hard time though, I'm broke.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:58 am

I know the feeling about being broke................. Sad My Elco is gonna need at least another couple grand to finish it. No free lunches.......

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:54 pm

pila wrote:I know the feeling about being broke................. Sad My Elco is gonna need at least another couple grand to finish it. No free lunches.......

I hear u on that, being broke is no joke. The worst part of it all is recently I've been stumbling across parts and accessories that I've been looking for over the past year. Hopefully they're still there when things turn around.
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeTen Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:50 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Wes, is that cop car in bad enough shape to part out? Around here they sell for quite a bundle. JB

It is a pretty straight driver that probably wouldn't take too much to make nice. I am not sure fully what I'm going to do with it yet, and haven't had time to shake it down to see what it needs. But, the guy at work I bought it from had been driving to work everyday till his wife got a new car!
SeeTen
SeeTen
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:44 am

SeeTen wrote:I've been thinking of getting a 73-77 Chevelle wagon. I also just recently got a 94 Cop Caprice for the LT1 engine & tranny that I'll probably drive until I'm ready to part it out.

Guess I missed this post. It will have 3.08 gears, but check for disc brakes & posi. Also should have large sway bars. All of these parts will bolt directly into your car. The springs will lift it a little due to less weight, but will firm up the ride.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Impala is in paint jail... Sad
Wife wants a new family truckster...my garage is in shock.

LOL!

Two of the best responses I've seen thus far ... love the descriptive words here. Smile

The only other car I want ... a 2011 Dodge Charger, Toxic Orange with tan/neutral interior trim. I wrote about it here...
http://www.motorgnomes.com/2011/03/charging-forth/

But, I can't exactly justify the expense of a new car ... especially given some additional health issues, possibly more surgery, and/or purchasing a house....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_04.16.11_Dwight.IL *
*** RE-OPENED 3rd GEN MC (1978,1979,1980) FORUM > http://thirdgenmontes.proboards.com/index.cgi ***
"Hood slidin' like Bo Duke"__Dierks Bently__'What Was I Thinking?'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBottle Wed May 11, 2011 11:41 pm

I've had a busy few weeks shaking up my Family.

It started by selling the 78 Mercury that was supposed to be for my 16year old step son. He finally admitted it was to big of a car for him. And he wanted something "ironic" or ugly. So with that gone I found a beautiful 50k mile 79 Cutlass Salon 4dr for him.

Any changes to your "automotive family" soon? 79_sal13

Then the wife decided she would rather have the 59 Buick Invicta, instead of the 68 Lincoln. So the Lincoln found a home with one of my friends.
Then her mini van got totaled in a accident, and since I hate minivans I convinced her a 78 LTD Country Squire Wagon would be a much better replacement... Twisted Evil

Any changes to your "automotive family" soon? 78_ltd11

Then a guy I work with, asked if I had any rims for a 84 Grand Prix, because his were stolen. I mentioned I had a set of 16" TA wheels for it off my old GP, and I hadn't been able to find a nice GP to replace it with. Next thing I know instead of selling him my rims I bought his car.

Any changes to your "automotive family" soon? 8410

Then the Evil Craigslist got me. With the Lincoln money burning a whole in my pocket, I found this 77 Malibu Classic. It has a 74 Laguna nose, swivel buckets, and a wing I've never seen before, so I had to have it... Cool
Any changes to your "automotive family" soon? 3nc3k511
OnTheBottle
OnTheBottle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next