G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been "rear-ended" by Currie

5 posters

Go down

I've been "rear-ended" by Currie Empty I've been "rear-ended" by Currie

Post by pila Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:12 pm

When getting my adjustable upper control arms figured out to adjust pinion angle, I discovered that Currie had welded one of the upper ears for the upper control arms way off from where it should be. Like about two inches off. I called them today, and let them know I wasn't impressed. (that's the polite way to say it)

So I'm gonna have to drag that rear out from under the Elco and cut that bracket ear off & weld it back on where it belongs. May not be a big deal, but it's work I don't need. Luckily I have an arc welder etc to do it with.
No excuse, for a rear end that cost 2700 bucks with shipping....... Head Bang

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

I've been "rear-ended" by Currie Empty Re: I've been "rear-ended" by Currie

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:34 am

They should at least rebate you some money. If I was you I'd be mad at them, LOL. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:46 am

would you like me to give them a personal message pila? currie is about 2 miles away from my house, if i look off my patio i can see the building wayyyyy down the hill.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:08 am

Go ahead, TW, reach out and touch someone for us. Maybe they will be truly repentant and fix their junk.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:53 am

what kind of message would you like me to send red? verbal? maybe a baseball bat gets involved? M1911 maybe?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:15 am

I've heard some strange things about the quality of Currie products and how the company treated the people that got screwed over by their work. Most of the problems I've read about were with their parts they sold to the 4wd crowd though.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:49 pm

TWBouska AKA Wooderson wrote:what kind of message would you like me to send red? verbal? maybe a baseball bat gets involved? M1911 maybe?

Haha, nothing that radical, just the insinuation of stuff happening.

I would get detail from pila about what exactly was wrong, then show them in person and advocate for some compensation for him. I just think that it would mess with their minds a little that maybe we have a G3 mafia thing going on here.

I'm confident that you know how to project power Twisted Evil Suspect without getting into trouble.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:19 pm

There's not a lot I can do about it, so my attitude is to do it my self if I want it done right.
Tonight I have it ready to come out from under the chassis, with just three bolts holding it in there.
I'm making a fixture, using the original rear end, to locate the upper mount ears to where they belong.
Currie may be very lucky that they are not local to me, since I do have connections to get their attention, and it wouldn't be nice.
As it is, I'll just pass along the fact that they aren't that good at what they do. Hopefully Moser does a better job on their rear ends.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Well said pila, Your experience will cost Currie more than any action would. I'm sure that somebody may change their mind about buying a product from them because of your post.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:00 am

bigredlaguna wrote:
TWBouska AKA Wooderson wrote:what kind of message would you like me to send red? verbal? maybe a baseball bat gets involved? M1911 maybe?

Haha, nothing that radical, just the insinuation of stuff happening.

I would get detail from pila about what exactly was wrong, then show them in person and advocate for some compensation for him. I just think that it would mess with their minds a little that maybe we have a G3 mafia thing going on here.

I'm confident that you know how to project power Twisted Evil Suspect without getting into trouble.

haha well being that i played defensive end/linebacker in college i think i could scare them a bit, get me informed and ill head down there
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:10 am

I hauled the rear end out today, and tweaked the location of the mount ear, and it's bolted back in. Adjustment of the pinion angle seems easy now (?) anyway, it's on to other items, like my front brake hoses seem too short (?) I have '77 calipers on it. I'll have to check the auto parts store and see if '75 hoses are longer, since these are for a '77. My parts book shows different calipers and hoses for a '77 as opposed to the '75. I'm getting an education here while trying to mix/match parts study

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down