G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

windshield washer pump wiring--need help

4 posters

Go down

windshield washer pump wiring--need help Empty windshield washer pump wiring--need help

Post by dhw3971 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:56 am

Hello all: I need help getting my pump wired correctly. The original pump ceased working years ago and I recently bought a new electronic one at my local NAPA store. However, I've got a black wire with a yellow stripe that has been disconnected from it's original location and I don't know where it goes. It comes from what I'll call the 2-place blade connector on the pump and I thinkit goes on the 3-place blade connector on the wiper motor housing.

Can someone tell me how to wire this unit or have you got a good photo of where the wires go?

dhw3971
dhw3971
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

windshield washer pump wiring--need help Empty Re: windshield washer pump wiring--need help

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Sorry. I'm not home, but someone should help. I don't if it matters on year tho, if all wires are the same colors.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

windshield washer pump wiring--need help Empty Re: windshield washer pump wiring--need help

Post by 77mali Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:51 pm

If worse comes to worse (hopefully you have some junkyards near you) Look for late 70's- mid 80's B body's (ie Caprice) and even 78-mid 80's G body cars have very similar (if not exact in some cases) washer motors & pumps. 1st is a Caprice Engine bay (early 80's) & below is my car when I first got it (77 Malibu the wiper assembly is original to the car). The Caprice wires are much cleaner Very Happy

windshield washer pump wiring--need help 613

windshield washer pump wiring--need help Dsc01525
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Since I'm not sure of the year of your car....

Here's a pic of the wiring diagram from the 76 service manual supplement...
windshield washer pump wiring--need help 76w-en10

And here's the pic from the 74 Service manual...
windshield washer pump wiring--need help 74eng10

Hope it helps

Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Wow, those are much better than the Turd in the Haynes they pass off as diagrams.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dhw3971 Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:13 pm

OK, thanks for the help! I think the black/yellow wire from the pump has to connect with the black/yellow wire on the motor. It looks like they were once mushed together into the same middle position on the blade connector. I'll have to carefully open that connector up so I can get this loose wire back in its home.
dhw3971
dhw3971
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dhw3971 Wed May 09, 2012 9:59 pm

turned out I had the dumb plug rotated 180 degrees! Once it was put in correctly I've got washer fluid again! yay!
dhw3971
dhw3971
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down