G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread.

+21
Joe73
Dinomyte
thatfnthing
jerry46765
switchbiker
Wallyuph
JB2wheeler
pila
Limey SE
Oldschool454
LS_Quest
Tom77
1973 454 MONTE
1973montec
chevellelaguna
Pontichev327
ant7377
lownslow75
LSANTI76
BK-75
Brainstain
25 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. Empty Driveit's day dreaming and build thread.

Post by driveit Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:03 am

What do you think.  Starting at the bottom to the top bottom being the closest to the current style and a few different looks to choose from.

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. Chevel10

Last edited by driveit on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. Empty Re: Driveit's day dreaming and build thread.

Post by Pontichev327 Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:12 am

I like the center one best. 4th from top. The wheels are the "right size" on that one. Nice graphics too.
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. Empty Re: Driveit's day dreaming and build thread.

Post by Brainstain Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:48 am

I like the black and white and the gray and black. Personally I think the "350" on the rear quarter is very "Donk"ish.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:00 am

I like the 2nd one best.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:30 am

Thanks everyone. I need a better font for the 350 something the flows better and looks faster. I just through that one on there to play around with.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:35 am

If anyone wants a rendition of their car I could do one for 5$. Send me pics of what you have or want done! PM if interested.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:18 am

White & Black looks nice. Gets my vote (no number graphics though-LOL). Get some emblems for the tail, grille or fenders. A Corvette 350 emblem would look nice on the fenders where the usual Malibu Classic goes.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:54 am

i like the black and white.

dont care for the 350 big thing. does look kinda donkish.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:59 am

What is donkish?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. Luckyc10

maybe something like this,would be different but not guaddy.
Driveit's day dreaming and build thread. 6442810

just my $0.02
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:12 pm

You can always get the factory "350" emblems that go over the front marker lights. I think s factory 350 cars came with them plus I find believe they are reproduced. Just another option to think about.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Go with the black and white. Ditch the 350 on the 1/4.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:26 pm

I am liking that as well.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-75 Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:33 am

White and black looks real good. I like the direction your taking your project!
BK-75
BK-75
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:21 am

Thanks! Wish I had the money to go ahead and it done now, but the day will come when it comes. My wife is wanting me to get it painted though. I think she would be happier going to shows with me if it was in a little nicer shape.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LSANTI76 Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:03 pm

I like your Blk & Wht 2nd one down from the top version with maybe a little less wheel & more tire sidewall.
LSANTI76
LSANTI76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:42 am

I like it too, but I won't know what I'll do until I paint it.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:13 am

Driveit, what is your favorite basic color? What color is your interior? There are so many color combinations available that it is a pain to pick one particular paint combo. I am stuck with a green interior, so am stuck with a green ciolor combo. I do not have the money to have my Elkie painted right now and even tho I have the equiptment, I am in too bad of health to paint it myself. Last night I was looking at a car with Dupont's Hot Hues Limelight paint. I liked it. For a poor man, a good trick is to have Maaco paint your car a basic red color and then spray a light coat of blue pearl mixed with clear coat on it. There are hundreds odf combos to think about. I like the black/white car you featured, but like the black/silver paint color better. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:14 am

I like them all. I found a thread from a few years back where a guy roll painted the car with a gloss rustoleum and it looked awesome after her buffed it in the pics. Said it only cost him about 50$. Might be something to think about JB.

The threaded ended up taking you to the link below where he posted the process.
[url=http://www.rickwrench.com/index79master.htm?http://www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html <<======another link more in detail]http://www.rickwrench.com/index79master.htm?http://www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html <<======another link more in detail[/url]
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Drivit, I only like high gloss paint jobs and the rustoleum never gets a high gloss and it weathers real badly like the paint on cars from 1949. Once it's on there, it has to be completely removed to get a nice paint job on there. I did buy a gallon to paint my old 78 Elkie, but would not consider it for my good car. You can order an upgrade on the paint at MAACO, but it will have dirt and runs and orange peel, this can be lightly sanded and clear topcoat mixed with light pearl sprayed over the MAACO paint. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:14 pm

What is MAACO?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:27 pm

MAACO is a national chain of cheap body shops. Closest location to you is Lexington.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Does maaco still exist? The last one around here has been gone for like 10 years. I know earl schieb is gone.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:41 pm

The one around here is long gone also, but there are still a bunch of them out there.  In fact, they're advertising for franchisees, if you're interested. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by lownslow75 Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:40 pm

top one
lownslow75
lownslow75
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next