G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear spring questions for a 73 laguna

3 posters

Go down

rear spring questions for a 73 laguna Empty rear spring questions for a 73 laguna

Post by jetvan Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:32 am

been reading about different rear springs and still would like a feedback from someone who has done the swap.. I really don't want a lowered spring but just a stiff spring that will hug the back roads as this is going to be a back road play toy.. any comments would be appreciated.. and if I do go lower at what inch drop do I need to change shocks...

jetvan
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

rear spring questions for a 73 laguna Empty Re: rear spring questions for a 73 laguna

Post by Joe73 Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:36 am

Go to rockauto.com and get the moog part number for your stock springs.

Then go to http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/universal_coil_springs.asp and find your springs and copy down the specs.

Then find a stiffer spring from the chart that fits your car.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

rear spring questions for a 73 laguna Empty Re: rear spring questions for a 73 laguna

Post by Damon23 Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:49 pm

I've heard if you want the same ride height but stiff fine a station wagon spring. Now I put wagon springs on the rear and HD springs which really was a spring rated for a car with a/c on my 63 Catalina and it sat it up a little, not much but noticeable but it was not a cushy ride.

My 75 Malibu had its soft ride and I swapped out the rear with a set from a 96 Impala SS. It lowered it but not much, maybe 3/4 in but the ride is not as pillowy anymore in the back. The fronts need to be changed out and I was told to get the fronts from that same car. I want my car lower so I my buy the eibach kit for the Impala SS that is supposed to drop it another 1.5 inches. And I have normal shocks in the rear.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down