G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hmmmmm. Is that??Old timers check here.

+7
Damon23
Roadcaptain S3
KC77Monte
77cruiser
Limey SE
jerry46765
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
11 posters

Go down

Hmmmmm. Is that??Old timers check here. Empty Hmmmmm. Is that??Old timers check here.

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:58 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-Landau-/331903599524?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d46ff03a4:g:-kEAAOSwzJ5XfJfs&item=331903599524

Edit ***pic removed

Last edited by Roadcaptain S3 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Hmmmmm. Is that??Old timers check here. Empty Re: Hmmmmm. Is that??Old timers check here.

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:54 pm

FWD???
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Hmmmmm. Is that??Old timers check here. Empty Re: Hmmmmm. Is that??Old timers check here.

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:04 pm

FWD...funny. Seems to have his years confused.

Pretty sure the pic is a guy (and his car) that used to be a member and very frequent poster here.

But that car is in TN and I think he was from PA, and the description doesn't sound like him unless he's suffered some dain bramage.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:56 pm

That was a smokin' deal for $5500 being 61k mile clean '74 monte.
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:50 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:FWD...funny. Seems to have his years confused.

Pretty sure the pic is a guy (and his car) that used to be a member and very frequent poster here.

But that car is in TN and I think he was from PA, and the description doesn't sound like him unless he's suffered some dain bramage.

I smell a scammer here is afoot Because that Picture and Car is Kyle Loucks 74 Monte Carlo he is STILL a member here and I am Friends with him on FB and Notified him about it, He lives in Detroit

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:53 pm

That's me in that photo and all of those photos are mine. The ad is a scam. I still live in Michigan...and the car is NOT for sale (ever)

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Limey SE wrote:
Roadcaptain S3 wrote:FWD...funny. Seems to have his years confused.

I smell a scammer here is afoot Because that Picture and Car is Kyle Loucks 74 Monte Carlo he is STILL a member here and I am Friends with him on FB and Notified him about it, He lives in Detroit

Me too. When the guy wrote something about "I'm selling mines", didn't sound like the guy we know of.
Plus, $5,500 when I'm pretty sure Kyle gave close to 10k for it?

Horse Hockey I say.

Last edited by Roadcaptain S3 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:56 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:That's me in that photo and all of those photos are mine. The ad is a scam. I still live in Michigan...and the car is NOT for sale (ever)

Didn't think so...wonder how a guy could get away with it?

Take the deposit and disappear?

"Seller" had no feedback score either, but left a phone number?
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:17 pm

Bobby, thanks for posting this.
Anthony, thanks for contacting me.

I called Ebay customer service to have this resolved.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 pm

Hope it works out before the turd gets some poor guys $$.

I hate asshats.

You're welcome, hope you're doing well.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77cruiser Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:12 am

It shows it sold. Hope not, that ad just spells SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
77cruiser
77cruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:06 pm

It "sold" sometime yesterday afternoon...as long as the buyer hadn't made a deposit, things should be cool.

That being said, if the buyer bought a car from somebody with zero feedback, then he/she must be new at the ebay buying thing.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:34 pm

*raises eyebrow*

eBay isn't the only place this seems to be listed.  A search of the phone # & this popped up:
http://www.autoquid.com/car-detail/monte-carlo/Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-Landau-74-monte-carlo_331903016619.html

EVENT Wink http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2016/06/21/tuesday-trip-66/
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"Maybe things could work out right" __ Johnny Hates Jazz __ 'Shattered Dreams'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by KC77Monte Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:15 pm

We were just talking about this yesterday at a car show.
Kyle you said those were your photos, where was he able to get these photos to post in his adds? Were they posted on the internet somewhere in a public forum? Also is the vin number he has posted the vin number of your car?
KC77Monte
KC77Monte
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Probably right here or FB.
That first pic of Kyle has been on this site for years. I think he was like 17 in that pic.

Good catch Cort.

I've seen several sites that seem to pick up CL and or Ebay listings and list them as ads..."oodle" being one, but I think they link to the orig ad more like a search engine. But they do look shady. Could be one of those deals where they are trying to act as brokers.

This dude with Kyles car is clearly just a scam artist POS.

Yep...it's on oodle as well

http://cars.oodle.com/detail/1974-chevrolet-monte-carlo/4275415934-nashville-tn/

It just links back to the fake ebay ad.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:42 pm

I found my 75 on Craigslist in Atlanta of all places. I figured they be smart enough not to post it where it is.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:55 pm

A few days after Anthony alerted me of this, the schmuck put it back up!

I promptly called Ebay again, to not much help. So I took things into my own hands.
Called and left him a nice message, as well as posting it on my personal Facebook and my A-Body group, and had multiple people report the posting.

Within a half an hour, BOTH listings were gone and his Ebay account appears to be suspended.

I hope he had the crap scared out of him.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:19 pm

Way to go! It's a shame that thus stuff can happen. The groups and FB are a real asset!
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Scamers are all over. Here in Europa we get alot of this kind of thing. People trying to sell cars that they dont own, or trying to scam guys that have a car for sale. They do this by sending a mail showing interest in a car. They usually come up with a story about Being out of the country working. Then they send u a check for a bigger amount than the Price of the car, they say that a shipper will collect the car and needs payment. So you cash the check but it needs to be verified first, so you pay him with your own money. And let him have the car. 2 days later the bank says the check bounced, and you are out of money and car. Or boat, motorcycle ATV or whatever.

Or they make an ad for a super cheap musclecar, If you want it you make a deposit and they have it shipped from USA to Europe, not. You dont ever see car or money. I hope these types choke on the money they scam from hard working people. I hope His A$$ itches and his arms are to short to scratch.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Good catch Cort.

I've seen several sites that seem to pick up CL and or Ebay listings and list them as ads..."oodle" being one, but I think they link to the orig ad more like a search engine. But they do look shady. Could be one of those deals where they are trying to act as brokers.

Could be.  I've noticed that, too.

Surprised nobody else had caught that prior to my post!  Certainly others search telephone numbers?

2-DAY EVENT Wink S Elgin IL, with restaurant & hotel discounts:
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2016/07/12/tuesday-trip-69/
"Didn't I tell you?" __ Colbie Caillat __ 'Realize'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down