G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

all chevy show at summit racing

+3
Wallyuph
73ss
clanceman427
7 posters

Go down

all chevy show at summit racing Empty all chevy show at summit racing

Post by 73ss Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Attended the all chevy show at Summit Racing on Sunday. Myself and another guy with a 73 Elcamino SS were the only 2 G3'ers there. I was expecting to see a few 2nd gen monte's there but none. All 1st & 3rd gen. As usual my car generated alot of interest and questions as did the El Camino. As usual the camaros & tri-fives took home the majority of the awards. Especially the camaros, new & old. It might as well have been a camaro award show. Nothing against camaros but jeez. At least I met a new buddy. I told him to check out the forum..

all chevy show at summit racing DSCF2115_zpsm8jnggbd
all chevy show at summit racing DSCF2114_zpsjd2rpjho
all chevy show at summit racing DSCF2112_zpsvfafrftl
all chevy show at summit racing DSCF2111_zpsx5bwhit7
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

all chevy show at summit racing Empty Re: all chevy show at summit racing

Post by Damon23 Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Same thing happens at the summit show here. Especially during the Monday shows. Even the theme nights are over run with Camaro's new and old. I like a old Camaro but since I've branched out to other cars they just don't appeal to me anymore.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:16 pm

I was thinking of going to the super chevy show last week and talked myself out of it. It would have been at least $100 for gas, tickets, food. I got to thinking it would be walking around in the hot sun looking at all tri-fives, camaros, & early chevelles. I'm not raggin on them, they are all nice cars but you see them every other day around here. My trunk is also not detailed and messy. That is judged at those shows.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:31 pm

Your car looks great!. Very sinister. That el Camino looks good too with those stripes.

How many times did you hear " look! A Laguna!". Hehe happens all the time to me.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:34 pm

clanceman427 wrote:Your car looks great!. Very sinister.  That el Camino looks good too with those stripes.  

How many times did you hear " look!  A Laguna!". Hehe happens all the time to me.  

Thank you much!! I don't get the Laguna thing as much as I get people telling me that they had a 74 SS. We all know that ain't true but I hear it quite a bit. I just shake my head in agreement.

as a side note the guy with the elky is looking for a round gauge style clock. I told him to join on the forum someone should have one, also told him someone did a thread on clock repair. That was you?

The elky was nice. 454, bucket seat/console/gauge car. I thought he might be good for the 'most unique' award but it didn't happen.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:33 pm

Very nice car 73ss. The wife and I had a 73 SS when we first got married, but it was only an SS in trim. 350,bench seat,column shift. The Elky looks sweet as well. I've only been to a couple of shows with mine and my trunk isn't detailed, my paint job doesn't shine, the interior is stock vinyl with a bench seat, but it's MINE and I love being the orphin of a show. "Dare to be different"

I agree with the whole Camaro, Tri-5, and G body thing. As Rodney Dangerfield use to say..."I get no respect"  lol  The one I get the most is..."Is that a Monte Carlo?"
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:14 am

I agree with the whole Camaro, Tri-5, and G body thing. As Rodney Dangerfield use to say..."I get no respect"  lol  The one I get the most is..."Is that a Monte Carlo?"[/quote]

I agree with you all on "what is that a charger?" I know I took off all the badges that said Malibu all though I do have a light up one in the dash. What I get the most is why did you sell your 56 chevy. I reply I like this car way better for the ride and its different. I have won a few trophies with the 56 Bel air and never any thing with my 73. To me the best award is the thumbs up when we are driving it. Mine is not a garage queen and never will be its built to drive and that's what we do with it.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:33 am

Went to the Hot Rod Nationals in KY last weekend. More G3's there than ever before. They are coming around more and more. One of my friends brought their car down Saturday their registration number was 9718. That's a ton of eye candy!
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:01 pm

I agree with you Wally. I bought mine to drive, not sit in the garage or driveway. I too get thumbs up often and that to me is almost as good as any trophy.
I've been asked why I haven't buffed the paint out on mine yet. I tell people that if I do that, the rust spots will stand out. If I don't buff it out, the rust will add character to it. I'll paint it in a couple of years, but for right now I'm going to drive it and make it reliable enough that I wouldn't be afraid to drive it across country.  
My last toy I had was a lowered V-8 S10 that I put 120,000 miles on it with a V-8 in it. I want my Malibu to do the same.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:30 pm

I agree with the popularity. They can be bought cheap and resto modded easy. That and they are s nice riding cruiser. The problem around here is they like to lift them and put massive wheels on them and some of the cars have a habit of not being there when you come back. Mine has a hidden gps tracker on it. But that won't stop them from taking it. It will just give me a idea of where it is. I can't wait to get mine out and hear the off the wall comments.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:15 pm

Sounds & looks like you had a great time, even if you were 1 of only 2 G3ers there.  Car is looking GOOD!

& Tom ... awesome to know more G3s were there; wondered how that went.

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"Wouldn't that be something?" __ Finger 11 __ '1 Thing'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down