G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 chevelle from the movie "drive"

+3
Hs1973
Hawk03
Joe73
7 posters

Go down

73 chevelle from the movie "drive" Empty 73 chevelle from the movie "drive"

Post by Joe73 Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Just found this on craigslist.

http://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/5818358423.html
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

73 chevelle from the movie "drive" Empty Re: 73 chevelle from the movie "drive"

Post by Hawk03 Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:53 pm

I thought Ryan Gosling kept the car? Also, in the movie screen shot there is no speaker in the upper door panel but there is one in the listing.

This car is legit if you don't believe me then do not call and ask me if it's the actual car it is what it is. I'm working on getting more infor on it every week! But as far as authentication you just have to go by looks

If this was a legit car, he would already have the documentation and looks are never enough to go by.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:54 pm

I also belive Ryan gosling kept the car. As far as i know he actually restored the movie car himself for use in the film. However movie produktions usually have more than one car, If in case one is wrecked or wont start. It is wery costly to have a whole movie setup ready to go, and it could cost the producers Thousends If the car dont run when they need it. So i would not be surpriced If there where 2 or 3 cars build for the movie. So maybe its one of spare cars he has. Othervise it would not be that difficult to make a clone of that particuler movie car since it is not a expensive model or hard to find parts. Im not sure i would pay 20 for it even If it is genuine, i would at least need Ryan goslings wife in the trunk for that Price. Othervise i could build my own clone for less than half the Price.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:37 pm

thing with movie cars is always a paper trail and are sold through production companies and are listed as primary or extras. not hey i got this from a guy who tints windows and says was the movie car.
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:33 am

Front bumper looks screwed up and the one in the movie clips looks screwed up as well.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:10 am

Did anyone see this movie? Does it help promote G3's? Unfortunately I have not heard anyone say "that's the same car as Ryan G's in Drive at car shows or on the street. I still get "oh a Laguna!" hehe
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:25 am

clanceman427 wrote:Did anyone see this movie?  Does it help promote G3's?  Unfortunately I have not heard anyone say "that's the same car as Ryan G's in Drive at car shows or on the street.   I still get "oh a Laguna!" hehe
Even though the 73 SS didn't come with the small Chevelle emblem on the lower drivers side of the grill I put one on to avoid having to deal with explaining what it is, I just point to the emblem. Then comes the comment that everyone with a 73 SS hears at least once a season, " Back in the day I had a 75 SS"
Some times I explain 73 was the last year of the chevelle SS but then they give me a disgusted look and walk off. Most times I just nod and say I haven't seen one of those in a while.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:27 pm

I have the movie
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member