G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

engine accessory brackets?

5 posters

Go down

engine accessory brackets? Empty engine accessory brackets?

Post by riddick75 Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:12 pm

ok im running into a puzzle. have a 75 camino with a 81 z28 motor and also a 77 camino motor and various bracketry. I have the alternator brackets figured out and some of the power steering brackets figured out, compressor however im kinda at a loss. cant find any diagrams online and my chiltons book is rendered useless on this matter. so I request anyone who has pictures of their motor that is still running a/c to post pictures or if anyone has literature of how these puzzle pieces fit would be great. Ill try and get a picture of the brackets that I all have once I track them all down and if you know where they belong any help would be great, also Im running headers and I read that some have to be altered to fit so any input would be helpful with that.
riddick75
riddick75
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

engine accessory brackets? Empty Re: engine accessory brackets?

Post by Limey SE Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:14 pm

Drive side front A/C bracket mounts to front bolt of Header manifold for stock ......You need a spacer to align that one up I know for sure since your running headers

As stock as I can find

engine accessory brackets? 73_ss_11
engine accessory brackets? 73_ss_10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:16 am

Yes like was said the one bracket goes to the front bolt of the exhaust manifold. So if you are running headers, the fix is cutting a short spacer to make up the difference.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:40 am

engine accessory brackets? 16918303983_02c1687b09_c

engine accessory brackets? 16918300223_280b056b4b_c

engine accessory brackets? 18623057432_d66b6dba22_c

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:16 am

I had this issue as well. I went from stock manifolds to headers and had to make a spacer to make up for the distance from the block to where the manifold ended and attached to the stock bracket. The last picture above is a good reference of where the spacer is needed for the power steering pump. You will also need the below bracket to replace the bracket that connects to the manifold in two places, the stock piece is the one in the middle of the last picture with a mounting point up.

engine accessory brackets? Hed-20110_ml
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:25 pm

engine accessory brackets? 29736010884_d7963e8e4a_z

engine accessory brackets? 30280292731_b93205557c_z

Sorry about the low lighting, hope you can see the necessary parts. My spacer on the first header bolt is 1". I think I found a regular bolt 1" longer instead of a special header bolt, installed with anti-seize. I'll be removing it soon to go with a different bracket set for a short compressor--switching to 134 system.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down