G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soft 8's or "D" holes?

3 posters

Go down

Soft 8's or "D" holes? Empty Soft 8's or "D" holes?

Post by Damon23 Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Looking at the closely and there is a difference. Bump them up to 17's and there is a significant difference. My plan is to run either set in a silver color. I've researched the bank robber special and am going to have the rears widened to 10.5in and just run a 285/40/17 all the way around. Just wanted to get opinions on which wheel would look better.
Soft 8's or "D" holes? Crr-3978960_xl
Soft 8's or "D" holes? 9046

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Soft 8's or "D" holes? Empty Re: Soft 8's or "D" holes?

Post by fasrnur Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Damon, either one will look great for what I think you're going to go with for a theme of NASCAR. I watch the bank robber video from time to time just to get my brain juices flowing on ideas.

Have you checked out the build of if?
http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/70971-Project-quot-BAD-BUZZ-quot-1973-chevelle-PT-Build
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:00 pm

I'd go soft 8's
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:29 pm

fasrnur wrote:Damon, either one will look great for what I think you're going to go with for a theme of NASCAR. I watch the bank robber video from time to time just to get my brain juices flowing on ideas.

Have you checked out the build of if?
http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/70971-Project-quot-BAD-BUZZ-quot-1973-chevelle-PT-Build

I have read the build. It really is cool what he was able to accomplish with it. I'm going for looks right now then slowly work on the meat of it since my car is very reliable right now. The duals should go on soon (finally get to use that new crossmember) and I ordered the front spoiler from Randy and that will take a month to get here. It's sort of a shame but I'm going to unload the vette wheels. I spent the time and money to have the fronts trued and have new coopers on the back with only a few hundred miles on them but they don't fit into the scheme. I'm going to do the 69 Camaro spoiler for the back as well. After I get the top off I can assess what the condition is. That will determine if a top goes back on or not. One thing is the door guards, wheel well trim, bottom trim and the hood ornament will not go back on. Lots of holes to have to fill but it will clean up the car a ton. After that it will be saving for a respray. Funny thing is I've owned this car now longer than I've owned my last 6. That says something about how much I like this car. It's a joy to drive and I enjoy being different. Ever since Daytona and all the positive reactions it got I have no problem taking this car all the way.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum