G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

front inner fender compatibility 73 chevelle

4 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

front inner fender compatibility 73 chevelle Empty front inner fender compatibility 73 chevelle

Post by clanceman427 Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi my 73 Chevelle SS has a cracked and broken drivers side inner fender. Are these 73 chevelle-only or are other years/cousins possibly the same? Since I'd probably want to source these locally due to shipping charges, I'd like to know what my search range of donor cars might be.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

front inner fender compatibility 73 chevelle Empty Re: front inner fender compatibility 73 chevelle

Post by chevellelaguna Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:23 pm

73 was plastic only 74-77 were steel, the steel ones will fit but not be correct and the plastic ones will fit in 74-77. Pretty much Chevelle only, Monte Carlo had plastic liners but they're different length and curvature.
OPGI sells plastic ones for $276 a pair. Fit 73-77
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

front inner fender compatibility 73 chevelle Empty Re: front inner fender compatibility 73 chevelle

Post by clanceman427 Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:38 pm

Thank you chevellelaguna, Much appreciated!
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Kevin, where on the fender well did it crack?  Real big crack ?? Does that parts yard in philly still have the SS ? Maybe still has the fender well ?
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Joe, I'd have to look again but I think it was right up at the top of the wheel well, visibile with the hood popped, and there might even be a chunk missing.  I think it might have a couple other issues with it, because I remember when I first bought the car, the passenger fender SS emblem was in the center console, and so I re-installed it but doing so I had to unbolt the inner fender to get access to the emblem.

That Philly yard (Century Motors) was really weird about their 73 SS.  I went down there in person twice to look at it, and both times (2 different guys) they would ask me what specific thing I needed.  I said I needed various things, and can I just look it over to see what's on it and they were like "oh there's nothing really left on that thing, nah"  I was kinda stunned- here I am with cash ready to fork over for various stuff and they wouldn't let me see it!  I mentioned that the craigslist ad (at the time) was still active and advertising it as being a parts car and to come down.  They were like "oh that's (insert name) and she handles all the computer stuff."   They were nice guys there but just wouldn't let me see it.  Weird.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:06 am

I am going to pick up a pair of plastic inner fenders from a '75 442 for $30.00. no idea if they will fit, but they are smooth plastic, and to me worth the gamble.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down