G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

door lock cam

3 posters

Go down

door lock cam Empty door lock cam

Post by crice63 Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:12 am

Messing with my door yesterday I noticed that one source of irritating noise is where the door lock rod slips into the door lock cam. It looks like something that could, or ought to, or might have had a plastic insert or liner to prevent just the sorts of rattling sounds that disturb one's meditations. By the time of the S10s GM had evidently started using some plastic pieces in these places. I don't have one in either door, but who knows--maybe it was an SS option? Wink

My cam has a white color in this picture, don't know why. But killing the rattle would be nice.

door lock cam 33122997632_1cedc3c80d_z

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

door lock cam Empty Re: door lock cam

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:21 am

I always thought it odd that there wasn't something to help retain/quiet that, too. But, have never seen anything used on these.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:10 am

I tried a few of the plastic clips that GM went to later, from my S10 part collection, but they also went to smaller  diameter rods. Next time I'm at the JY I will look for cars with large doors, like caddies or maybe some larger trucks.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:07 pm

I put a piece of rubber tube on the rod. It helped alot. I Think it was a piece of sprinkler hose. I put dishwashing soap on the rod and it vent on easy.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down