G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holley 650 ultra Double pumper

+4
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
pila
Joe73
fasrnur
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Holley 650 ultra Double pumper  - Page 2 Empty Re: Holley 650 ultra Double pumper

Post by JF74chevelle Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:16 pm

bracketchev1221 wrote:
BBMALIBU wrote:
bracketchev1221 wrote:When I posted on yellowbullet asking for help, he jumped on me telling me that he ran the carb on another car at the track and did all this testing and it ran fine.  But he never mentioned any of this testing to me when I asked what they did.  just that they had inspected it.

If this happened to me, this would have been my response:

Patrick, the stuttering problem still existed after you examined and supposedly tested the carb at the track.  So I decided to try my friends AED 1150 Dominator to eliminate the possibility that this problem is related to the carburetor.  While using the AED carb over several days and many runs, this problem never once occurred.  Therefore, the problem is indeed related to the carburetor.  Thank you for all your help and support.

I asked him and got nothing but attitudes back.  The yellowbullet was after I was done talking to him.  He told me the carburetor is an inanimate object that cannot change so if it works at the beginning of the day it will work at the end.  It was only when I went on yellowbullet to say that they replaced the idle bleeds and nothing else and how I didn't understand what it had to do with the high rpm condition, that he went on my post and told everyone how much testing and dynoing they did to the carb.  When I asked how come you didn't tell me this when I asked what was done there was no response.  What was frustrating was Patrick didn't even see the carburetor.  The carb went to Michigan and he was in different state only answering emails.  

This pretty much finalized my choice on an AED carb. Thank you everyone for the help.
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Holley 650 ultra Double pumper  - Page 2 Empty Re: Holley 650 ultra Double pumper

Post by BBMALIBU Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:00 pm

JF74chevelle wrote:This pretty much finalized my choice on an AED carb. Thank you everyone for the help.

You won't go wrong with any of the choices I mentioned before.

When I was deciding on a carb....it was between Prosystems and AED.
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by JF74chevelle Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:52 pm

planning to pull the trigger soon on it.
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2