G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhaust choices help

+10
Limey SE
dhw3971
pila
Joe73
bracketchev1221
Hawk03
JF74chevelle
S3SS
thatfnthing
Mcarlo77
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Exhaust choices help - Page 2 Empty Re: Exhaust choices help

Post by Limey SE Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:57 pm

fasrnur wrote:If I could have found them, I would have gone with the muffler that probably started all the performance mufflers other than the glasspack. That would be the Corvair "Turbo" muffler. 2 1/2" in and out. I use to sell the heck out of them back in the 70 and 80's. I still remember the Walker part number. #21348.

Dynomax bought the rights to them Jeff here they are

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-17733?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-dynomax-performance&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgs7RBRDoARIsANOo-HiQo_hHvKyM1s8rF2i814dItl4r1fPfI6_2huP1JpEYjhLaK5pKk9kaAv-MEALw_wcB

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Dynamax is the performance side of the Walker exhaust products Limey. Yes those are very close to the ones I'm referring to, but not quite the same. Or at least not in my book. I've even looked at Clark's Corvair, and I'm not sure if the ones they offer are quite the same.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:12 pm

I would like to Thank you all for poiting me in the right direction. I went with the 2,5" pipes no H or x pipe and the hushpowers. It sounds wicked now and has a low deep burple in idle and when i stand on it it has a aggressive braapp to it. Its a good deal louder than before, but not so its mindblowing. So thanks guys im a good deal viser on exhaust building now, and one thing i have learned is not to build exhaust in my garage laying on my back, not having a lift is a Real pain with all the cutting and trying on and off. But hey the end result Might not be chip foose quality but pretty ok all things considered. Im Real happy with the Way it sounds now.

So once again Thank you for all input on the subjeckt and all advise. Regards Henrik.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Man Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Hs1973 wrote:I would like to Thank you all for poiting me in the right direction. I went with the 2,5" pipes no H or x pipe and the hushpowers. It sounds wicked now and has a low deep burple in idle and when i stand on it it has a aggressive braapp to it. Its a good deal louder than before, but not so its mindblowing. So thanks guys im a good deal viser on exhaust building now, and one thing i have learned is not to build exhaust in my garage laying on my back, not having a lift is a Real pain with all the cutting and trying on and off. But hey the end result Might not be chip foose quality but pretty ok all things considered. Im Real happy with the Way it sounds now.

So once again Thank you for all input on the subjeckt and all advise. Regards Henrik.
post a vid id like to hear it.
Dead Man
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:29 pm

I would love to post both video and pictures, but i dont know how to. Im a idiot when it comes to computers and i dont even have a smart phone. Ill try and get my daughter to help me. Ill do my best but dont expect to much since computers hate me, and i hate them equally.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:30 pm

PS can anybody give me directions on how to post a video if i have one on the ipad or iphone?
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Man Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Hs1973 wrote:I would love to post both video and pictures, but i dont know how to. Im a idiot when it comes to computers and i dont even have a smart phone. Ill try and get my daughter to help me. Ill do my best but dont expect to much since computers hate me, and i hate them equally.
dont feel bad, i just this year made it to a semi smart phone. think its a google phone lol. I dont like them either.
Dead Man
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:38 pm

I think you can use the "host an image" icon to upload a video or picture from whatever device you have. Android, Apple, and Windows have different terminology for the same things, so once you find the file, it is actually easy to do.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2