G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do your cars have headliner insulation?

+2
clanceman427
Joe73
6 posters

Go down

Do your cars have headliner insulation? Empty Do your cars have headliner insulation?

Post by Joe73 Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:51 am

Of the (10) 73 chevelles I've owned, I only know that about (4) of them did not have headliner insulation. The rest I didnt notice if they did or didnt. Who has run into cars with headliner insulation? What year cars??
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Do your cars have headliner insulation? Empty Re: Do your cars have headliner insulation?

Post by Joe73 Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:57 am

Do we even need it? I'm thinking its great place for rust to start from morning dew and no air between the insulation and the roof metal.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Do your cars have headliner insulation? Empty Re: Do your cars have headliner insulation?

Post by clanceman427 Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:01 am

I think mine does not. How far reaching we’re the ones you saw? For example I have my headliner pulled down from the windshield back to the first plastic bow and I don’t see any
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:48 am

I've pulled many headliners at the JY's that included virtually all '73-'77 GM "A" bodies and none of them had insulation.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:30 pm

Thats what I thought. No insulation. Thank you very much.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:14 pm

There seems to be a black poster board material in between the Sheetmetal plys of the roof.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:52 pm

All the vehicles I've restored/parted out over the years did not have any type of insulation under the headliner. So I would agree from the consensus that this was not an option for A Bodies. I would however recommend using DynaMat  ( or similar) on the inside of the roof. This makes a big difference in noise and heat reduction inside the car. Just be sure to cut out your T-hanger slots so you can install the headliner properly.

Do your cars have headliner insulation? Dash_010
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:22 pm

I can only assume that his is factory insulation. This is on a '77. I think the front part deteriorated or turned into a few mice nests.

Do your cars have headliner insulation? 20171010
Do your cars have headliner insulation? 20171011
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:23 pm

Woah, that is cool! It certainly looks like factory insulation to me. Must be a 77 add on option. What plant was your vehicle assembled? Might be an option for vehicles in colder climates to retain the heat in the vehicle better.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Doraville Georgia. Build sheet below. I swear my original body had insulation as well which was built in Kansas City. I will have to dig through pictures to confirm.

Do your cars have headliner insulation? 20180912
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:20 pm

pretty sure all the 73 chevelles ive had had the jute style insulation in the headliner

Do your cars have headliner insulation? SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down