G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/11 Where Where You

+5
ant7377
Limey SE
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Hs1973
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
9 posters

Go down

9/11 Where Where You  Empty 9/11 Where Where You

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:27 pm

Hey. Today is the anniversary of a couple of attacks on our country. Both the World Trade Centers and Benghazi. I can’t remember where I was when our embassy was attacked by those guys that had watched a video and just went for a walk and just killed our Ambassador and his staff. I do remember that I had just landed in Anchorage Alaska early in the morning of 9/11 and got in my rental car. The radio was on the Howard Stern show. I remember him saying that a plane just hit the first building. I thought he was goofing off and doing some kind of a War of the World spoof. I ended up stranded in Anchorage for a week before I could fly up to the Slope to work. I still have the Anchorage paper from 9/12 with half of the front page showing a full color picture of the disaster. I imagine that I will be watching YouTube videos all night about it. Where were you?
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

9/11 Where Where You  Empty Re: 9/11 Where Where You

Post by Hs1973 Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:15 am

I remember i was in my truck on my Way home from my shop when they Said on the radio that there had been an accident, and a plane had hit one of the World Trade center Towers. When i Got home and turned on the tv, the second plane had just hit and it was apperent to all it was no accident. Me and my wife sat there in chok and we both knew the World would never be the same. Although we have had our share of terror here in Denmark, it is no where near what your nation has endured. Im sorry for the lives that was Lost, not only at 9/11 but also for all the other terrorist attacks around the World. I hope one day the World could live in peace, however im not betting on it.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:01 pm

That day did change the world overnight. When it happened, I was out in the garage working on a 77 El Camino I had just purchased. Took that day off of work just because of this project car. But the day did not turn out like I had planned, as for many other people. I thought about all the families that had loved ones directly affected by these attacks and what they must be going through trying to get information about them. Can't even process that within the limits of my mind. To this day there seems to be more questions than answers. I just pray we don't have to go through that again. Prayers to the families who are still dealing with the emotions caused by the loss of life on 9-11.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:13 pm

I was working at my Screen printing Job and the radio Had said they just flew a Plane into a Building I immediately went upstair to tell my Boss he had a small TV in his office and we sat there for seemed like an eternity Watching this Unfold then We seen the second plane go into the Building and knew it was on Purpose to run them into the Buildings ....When they Collapsed We were Both in SHOCK and could not Believe what was Happening

EVERY YEAR I SHUT ALL MEDIA OUT AND LISTEN TO THERE NAMES READ ALOUD, I WILL NEVER FORGET TO WATCH THAT .....That is the best 2 hours and 54 Minutes of that Day the rest is well ............

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:11 pm

I was at an intersection. Put on local AM radio station after a phone call and heard them announce just as second plane hit. We are about 60 miles from there. My dad worked in the buildings when under construction so it really hit home as it did for the whole area. Remember the day like yesterday.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:38 pm

I was in college at the university of Iowa. I was waking up that morning when my brother called to ask me if I was watching the news, I worked at the local general aviation airport and thought he was trying to tell me a Cessna hit the building. I was wrong. I went to class but most were canceled. My roommates and I just sat in our place and watched the news the rest of the day. I was on call that night in case a medical helicopter needed fuel which one ended up needing fuel. The crew stayed in the helicopter since they were being timed and left immediately. It is also my friends birthday so I went to the bar and only had a couple of drinks and left. Back then I was usually good for twenty or so but couldn't stomach that many that night.

My friend was giving flight lessons and the local tower told him he needed to land the plane immediately or they were going to send fighter jets to them. We knew the controllers since we always talked to them so he thought they were joking at first but the tone in the voice was something he hadn't heard before so he obeyed. He didn't know what happened until he landed.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:00 am

I was getting ready for work when the wife called out to me to come look at the TV. At the time we lived in Arizona so it was very early in the morning. Second plane hit on the drive into work. Remember the boss being a jerk and not letting us have the TV or radio on to keep up on it. One thing was our bay doors in the warehouse faced Sky Harbor air port. Was very weird seeing all the planes just sitting all over the runways. Sad that today some of the younger kids dont even know what we are talking about.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:02 pm

Working in Irwin PA.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 S3 Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:52 pm

I was at Belden wire and cable, I had only been there a couple of months as an extruder operator, at the same time as the attacks our factory internet crashed.....We figured the US had shut down the internet....we were all on pins and needles wondering what the hell was going on
1975 S3
1975 S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum