G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement - Window Regulator Rollers 1976 Monte Carlo

2 posters

Go down

Replacement - Window Regulator Rollers 1976 Monte Carlo Empty Replacement - Window Regulator Rollers 1976 Monte Carlo

Post by pjbanman Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:40 pm

Hello,
Has anyone replaced your regulator rollers on your window regulator? About the only thing I could find out there on multiple sites was the:
Dorman 74430 Window Regulator Roller, Pack of 3

It looks like 2 of the main rollers are under sized by 1/8” diameter, is this okay?

It also looks like you have to drill out old rivets and when installing the new rollers, somehow beat down the shaft to form a new rivet, has anyone tried this?

Lastly, my rollers don’t seem to be that bad for a 44 year old vehicle, should I just leave them alone and prevent making everything worse?

Thank you for your help?

pjbanman
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Replacement - Window Regulator Rollers 1976 Monte Carlo Empty Re: Replacement - Window Regulator Rollers 1976 Monte Carlo

Post by pjbanman Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:44 pm

Replacement - Window Regulator Rollers 1976 Monte Carlo 3daf2810Replacement - Window Regulator Rollers 1976 Monte Carlo 3daf2810
Replacement - Window Regulator Rollers 1976 Monte Carlo 3daf2810

pjbanman
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Replacement - Window Regulator Rollers 1976 Monte Carlo Empty Re: Replacement - Window Regulator Rollers 1976 Monte Carlo

Post by crice63 Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:36 pm

I worked on this and posted some stuff
https://www.g3gm.com/t10820-door-window-question

Check the last few entries. Basically the idea is that nothing is reproduced, everything you can do is a kludge. I ended up popping good rollers off the studs of other vehicles and pressing them on with grease to my existing studs. Lift them straight up when you pop them off.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

pjbanman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pjbanman Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:26 pm

Thank you crice63, unfortunately there is not real easy solution, I guess we have to make do with what we have especially since the repos are a waste of money.

pjbanman
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

pjbanman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down