G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top

+2
Flywheel
454fourspeedss
6 posters

Go down

simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top Empty simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top

Post by 454fourspeedss Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:18 pm

anyone out there have the metal pillar covering that looked like vinyl on the windshield pillars on 73 chevelle

454fourspeedss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top Empty Re: simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top

Post by Flywheel Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:57 pm

If anyone has a photo of one of these I would like to see it. I have a vinyl top parts car and the A pillar is simply covered in Vinyl.
Flywheel
Flywheel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top Empty Re: simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top

Post by Limey SE Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Flywheel wrote:If anyone has a photo of one of these I would like to see it. I have a vinyl top parts car and the A pillar is simply covered in Vinyl.

Mitchell Murphy has the Textured Trim for sale for the Half Vinyl Top aka Sport Roof

simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top 155536764_3743969665713870_1141218202173328578_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=kDVdTmwtze4AX9YYMwf&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:16 am

GM made these A pillar trim pieces out of metal with a vinyl grain etched in them to match the vinyl tops that were installed. So any vehicle that had a full vinyl top or a front half vinyl top like Lagunas would have these style trim pieces. Here's an example of them from my 75 Laguna. The 76 I have also has the same trim.

simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top 20210311
simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top 20210310
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:40 am

Yup thats what Mitchell is Selling G3chevy is the textured for the sport roof laguna

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Flywheel Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:27 am

Thanks for the photos! I've seen them mentioned before, and then looking at the seam on my A pillar I'd wonder if I was missing something. So now my question in, do non Vinyl top cars have a seam near the top of the A pillar that is not filled and finished? I recently figured out that my 73 had a vinyl top.
Flywheel
Flywheel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:03 am

Yes, from all the A-bodies I've seen they all have that seam where the trim connects to the roofline.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:55 pm

Here is what I did to my car. I used the ones for the non vinyl roof and filled them in with body filler and then painted on the look of the vinyl roof cars. simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top 24b31a10
simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top 15060310
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:36 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:Here is what I did to my car. I used the ones for the non vinyl roof and filled them in with body filler and then painted on the look of the vinyl roof cars. simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top 24b31a10
simulated metal pillar trim for vinyl top 15060310

And it looks flawless in person. You would never know it was a separate piece.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Flywheel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:00 am

Correction, The trim pieces I have are for the Sport Roof Option with Louvers, the trim piece that divides the rear painted area, from the front part vinyl. I have a stainless one and a textured one. Thank You Limey for posting those for me.

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down