G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with drip edge and weatherstrip channel

2 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Need help with drip edge and weatherstrip channel Empty Need help with drip edge and weatherstrip channel

Post by Joe73 Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:14 pm

Hi.  I have so many nuts, bolts and screws lying around but Im a bit lost on what to use.  Im trying to put on my stainless drip rails around the doors.  And on top of that would go the weatherstrip channel.  Stainless gets mounted first.  If I remember correctly, two different types of screws were used to secure the trim.  Im looking at some of the screw head marks on the stainless and they are quite small.  As for the weatherstrip channel, I think they use all the same screws at all locations.  

Can anyone confirm or point me in the right direction as to what screws to use and where?

Here are the two styles of screws but I think I also need a third style for the stainless.  I BELIEVE  the screw on the left is used all along the black weatherstrip channel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Or if some actually has their weatherstrip and or stainless off, could you please take a look?  Thanks

Need help with drip edge and weatherstrip channel Drip_e10
Need help with drip edge and weatherstrip channel Drip_e11
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Need help with drip edge and weatherstrip channel Empty Re: Need help with drip edge and weatherstrip channel

Post by 73ss Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:31 am

Joe I took a look at mine and unfortunately, I cannot see any screws without removing the weatherstripping, I pulled it back some and couldn't see any.

Also, The interior piece you need. Is yours missing or just looking for better?
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Need help with drip edge and weatherstrip channel Empty Re: Need help with drip edge and weatherstrip channel

Post by Joe73 Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:06 am

Thanks for the reply.  I have all my stainless, weatherstrip channel and weatherstrip installed.  Came out excellent.  Only issue I found was that the push pins on the ends of the Metro moulded weatherstripping are a bit small in diameter.  So I matched the pins with my original ones and they are smaller.  So I'll just pic up a new set for that.  BTW, the push pins on the door metro weatherstrip had correct sized push pins.

As for the piece I need, I found it.  Some how I pulled a spare piece from storage.  I found my original one and I was good to go.  Im going to do an update on my build thread.

Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:37 am

Glad you got it straightened out. I have the original side interior piece from my car but it is very brittle & fragile.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down