G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Tailgate Trim Available - FINALLY!

4 posters

Go down

New Tailgate Trim Available - FINALLY! Empty New Tailgate Trim Available - FINALLY!

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:43 am

1973-1977 Chevrolet El Camino UPPER TAILGATE MOLDING NEW OEM REPLACEMENT

https://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/product/1977/1977-chevrolet-el-camino-upper-tailgate-molding-new-oem-replacement/103817
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

New Tailgate Trim Available - FINALLY! Empty Re: New Tailgate Trim Available - FINALLY!

Post by 77camino Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:26 pm

The parts place has had this available for I think about a year. I have thought about ordering one just to have but my experience with them has not been the best. I hope they will go ahead and start manufacturing the entire top of the bed trim. Back in the day the original owner of mine had the tonneau cover snaps put on the trim. I’m glad they did instead of drilling holes in the body.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

New Tailgate Trim Available - FINALLY! Empty Re: New Tailgate Trim Available - FINALLY!

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:39 am

I would bet within a year they will release the rest of the bed rail trim. I've been hearing talk about this tailgate trim being repopped for over 10 years now. So with the new sheet metal that just came available earlier in the year and now this trim, I'm thinking we'll see a lot more of these parts come available in the near future. Our cars are finally getting some respect from the aftermarket and its well overdue.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:26 am

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote: Our cars are finally getting some respect from the aftermarket and its well overdue.

The reason for new found "respect" is that the valuations of G3 cars are escalating fairly rapidly. Always follow the money.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by relic7680 Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:23 am

Glad I bought my NOS gate top trim years ago...and have a collection of bed top trim sourced from various parts cars. The trim aside from the gate top is actually not that difficult to source used, but of course it will need to be gone over by a professional trim shop. If somebody would repop a good dash pad, that would be awesome though....
relic7680
relic7680
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

crice63 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down