G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who else raced a cop?

3 posters

G3GM :: Media :: Videos

Go down

Who else raced a cop? Empty Who else raced a cop?

Post by zucchi Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:36 pm

I'm on my way to work @ 4:30am; you can see the time stamp in the bottom left-hand corner of the video.
Right after I merged onto the #4 lane of the freeway, I waited for a car on my left to pass before I merged into the #3 lane.
I wanted to get into the #2 lane but there was a vehicle (I didn't know it was a motorcycle) next to me; you can see the headlight shining on the roadway to my left. I slowed to let it pass. It slowed as well keeping pace with me. I'm thinking, "Great. Another prick wanting to play games on the freeway."
As soon as the car in front of me merged to the right, I gunned it to outrun this guy on my left. I noticed that guy kept pace with me. After a few seconds later, and somewhere north of 100mph, that guy passes me and that's when I noticed, "OH $#@%! A COP!"

Nearest I can figure, he may have been checking out my Monte Carlo then when I floored the accelerator, he wanted to see what she could do. As we approached an interchange, he pulled ahead of me and flashed me a warning. He didn't pull me over. Had I know lady luck was favoring me that morning, I would have bought a lotto ticket.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who else raced a cop? Empty Re: Who else raced a cop?

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:44 pm

I certainly never raced a cop even by accident. However an incident I had with a cop happened about 10 years ago when I was driving my aunt around town as a break from assisted living. I was talking to her when I noticed a cop car on my right. The cop was signaling to me. I didn't know what had happened but I signaled to the cop that I would turn right onto a side street which I did. I rolled down the window and said What did I do wrong? He said Oh nothing. I just have seen your car and wanted to talk with you about it! He had bought a 73 Laguna and of course was looking for parts! I said well Lagunas are tough that way but mentioned a few car part sellers to get him going. Never saw him again so don't know what happened with the Laguna.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:51 pm

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:…I rolled down the window and said What did I do wrong? He said Oh nothing. I just have seen your car and wanted to talk with you about it!…
I had the same police stop experience in my 1968 hearse; no violation, just wanted to ask me about my hearse.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:13 pm

Back in the mid 1970's I had a pickup truck with a healthy 350 in it and was challenged to a race by one of our Sheriff Deputies (on duty of course). I told him after the race it was not fair to turn on the lights and siren just because he lost! No ticket, they just wanted to know how fast I really was.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

zucchi and 76Chevelle2Tone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

G3GM :: Media :: Videos

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum