G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

did anyone know about this

4 posters

Go down

did anyone know about this Empty did anyone know about this

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Ohio Senate is trying to pass a ridicules bill that can cause anyone to lose their car and license very easily. This possible law prevents you from having Nitrous Oxide hooked up in your car. It also says that if an officer "thinks" you are accelerating faster than "normal," this law will take your car and it will get auctioned or crushed, and you lose your license for 1 year. There are no parameters or guidelines for what is considered "normal" acceleration, and is up to the officer to decide. You can be alone on a street, and if an officer says you were accelerating faster than what they think is "normal", you are screwed.

This law was created because some dumbass in a rice burner supposedly was racing earlier in the night, and when he was done, was driving too fast drunk on an on ramp, and hit a girl. I feel sorry for her, but the problem was that he WAS NOT racing when he hit her. He was DRUNK. So instead of the state stepping up the drunk driving laws, they decide to go after people who they say are accelerating faster than "normal". So in other words, if you accelerate faster than the little old lady in the huge land yacht and is so damn short that she looks through the steering wheel, you can lose your car completely, and your license for 1 year. But you can be pulled over for drunk driving a half a dozen times and still be able to drive. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? This can also cause profiling. Cops will watch ever person who has a classic, race, or muscle car like a hawk, and if they are having a bad day and want to make $$ for the city, they can get you. Do you really think they will go after the soccer mom in the mini van putting on makeup, texting and yelling at her kids while driving? I think not. If you have a louder than stock exhaust on your car, you could sound like you are accelerating fast, when you are really not, and lose it all. If some punk teen in his riced out Honda Civic punches it at a light next to you, an officer can say you were racing when you weren't. If this law passes, there will be more people running from the cops and causing accidents and killing innocent people since they can lose it all. If they actually enforced the laws better, there would be no need to waste $$ to rewrite a law that already works. This law is not the answer and will cause a lot of problems. They are in it to make $$. Plain and simple. Pretty soon you won't be able to customize you car at all and will have to drive little shitbox economy hybrids. If you don't agree with this, please sign the petition and contact your senator.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

did anyone know about this Empty Re: did anyone know about this

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:42 pm

California always starts these kind of things and then it spreads like a plague. There is only one way to fight it. Vote the people out of office who are behind such things. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:50 pm

these kind of laws are stupid...they still have the signs around here that say "No Racing Zone 10pm to 5am- street racing attendance is restricted"
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:05 am

I would rather see a link to a website that shows what is actually going on before I jump to conclusions...if true though, glad I live in Indiana.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:27 am

IndyG3 wrote:I would rather see a link to a website that shows what is actually going on before I jump to conclusions...if true though, glad I live in Indiana.

Summary of proposed bill from the official Ohio website:
http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/analysis.cfm?ID=128_HB_191&hf=analyses128/h0191-i-128.htm

Petition site, please sign:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/automotive-enthusiasts-against-monica-durban-law

Please contact your senator and tell them what you think:
http://www.ohiosenate.gov/
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down