G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irony.

3 posters

Go down

Irony. Empty Irony.

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:16 am

The day I put my car into storage in October, I got cement all over it. Crews were preparing to replace bad sections of road in the other end of my neighborhood, and I had no choice but to go through it once I got there. And wouldn't you know it...the day I bring it home(past Monday) it happened again! Lmao. I had changed the oil, and went around the neighborhood to warm it it little bit to check it. I laughed more than I was pissed. Oh well. It comes right off. Got caught in the rain yesterday...it looks like it was never rained on though...so much damn wax, it rolled right off. Gotta try take an afternoon this week to really clean it good for the first time. Chrome, windows, interior etc...so damn busy, haven't had the time...

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Irony. Empty Re: Irony.

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:24 am

You're lucky th alkalye in the cement did not eat up your paint. If you had gotten condensation on your car to keep the cement wet it would have, JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:54 pm

I took it off right away. I line the garage floor with plywood in the winter when it it stored.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:13 am

74MonteCarlo wrote:Got caught in the rain yesterday...it looks like it was never rained on though...so much damn wax, it rolled right off.

Nice!

I will never forget ... a few years ago, we (my sister and I) were en route to the MC Nationals. We left Elgin early on a Thursday evening to head to central IL to meet up with some friends there; I was driving my '79 and my sis was driving my '76. On the way down I-39, we ran into a MAJOR rainstorm ... so much so that we had to slow down a tad. By the time we got to central IL, I was thinking that both cars would look extra dirty since I hadn't dusted either one of them off before leaving ... and they were both ... well ... dusty. But, we got out ... and the cars were CLEAN ... didn't look like they had been through rain at all, thanks to the coat of wax on 'em. Wink

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"So what is right and what is wrong?" ... Haddaway ... 'What Is Love?'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: