G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't call it a Chevy!

+10
ant7377
BlackChevelleSS
JB2wheeler
dragons_lair59
77malibu77
Malicruiser
HDHugger
74Malibu383
IndyG3
The Dude
14 posters

Go down

Don't call it a Chevy! Empty Don't call it a Chevy!

Post by The Dude Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Yup, apparently we confuse non-Americans when we say Chevy instead of Chevrolet. What a crock of........ This is swarming the internet already, but I figured it could give a good discussion here. It's bad enough that they killed Oldsmobile just as it was becoming a good car again & more recently dumped Pontiac, Hummer, Saturn, & SAAB. Now this:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/10/autos/gm_no_chevy/index.htm

Next up...... four passenger Corvettes & front wheel drive Camaros. Rolling Eyes
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Don't call it a Chevy! Empty Re: Don't call it a Chevy!

Post by IndyG3 Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Dumb.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:07 pm

Read this a couple weeks ago. Clowns.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Who cares. Chevy is a term of use, and it doesnt matter who "bans" it. That's like banning the term "jap crap." It's still going to be a commonplace term to use.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Rago wrote:Next up...... four passenger Corvettes..... Rolling Eyes
What like these.
Don't call it a Chevy! Untitl10
Don't call it a Chevy! 27742610
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:26 pm

hahahahaha
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:33 pm

I heard it was a just a remark which did not go over too well .
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:03 pm

why would they wanna ban there own term from the 50's and 60's (see the U.S.A in your chevy) it s the biggest term of endeerment and also most used nick name out there like 49 merc Yota or TOY in reference to toyota pick ups someone just opened his mouth and shoved the world down there throat
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:56 pm

i dont understand it. are they trying to say its illegal to call it a chevy at a dealer? why is this even being considered? i bet the nimords wont stop saying EM1 and 2Jz when they talk about thier imports! besides nobody gives a flying F@#$ in this county what NON americans think, anyone here give a damn if china gets mad at us for saying chevy? NO! instaed of dumb whoa nelly like this being ranted over they need to focus on getting the illiegals who start this contoversy out of our county! they cry about the USA being polluting war crazed force our gov. down thier throat bastards then they risk thier life to live here illegallly and then when they are here they get tons of money by suing everyone and complaining that they cant understand us! yea well I was born here and i cant understand the person at the register of my bank!
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Fellows, GM admited the next day that they made a mistake when they "banned" the Chevy name. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Just another step towards going commie in this country

Rago wrote:
Next up...... four passenger Corvettes & front wheel drive Camaros. Rolling Eyes

They already are going towards that, a .Fucked up independant rear suspension camaro what the hell might as well call the new malibu a chevelle.

Don't call it a Chevy! SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:55 pm

Fellas calm down !! LOL!! On a lighter note GM started talking about there new 4.5 liter Diesel today which got shelved because of their financial trouble.This thing takes up about the same space as a LS motor and has about 500 ft lbs of torque.Which means screw CAFE standards we will still get nice size cars !! With RWD ! And 30 MPG at least I say, NICE !! Very Happy Laughing
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy 75 Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:05 am

Stick it will call Chevy a Chevy as long as I can speek. Andy
Andy 75
Andy 75
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:16 pm

ant7377 wrote:Fellas calm down !! LOL!! On a lighter note GM started talking about there new 4.5 liter Diesel today which got shelved because of their financial trouble.This thing takes up about the same space as a LS motor and has about 500 ft lbs of torque.Which means screw CAFE standards we will still get nice size cars !! With RWD ! And 30 MPG at least I say, NICE !! Very Happy Laughing

the 4.5 duramax is mainly for the 1/2 ton trucks and suv's they should be very nice!
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by novaderrik Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:03 am

ant7377 wrote:Fellas calm down !! LOL!! On a lighter note GM started talking about there new 4.5 liter Diesel today which got shelved because of their financial trouble.This thing takes up about the same space as a LS motor and has about 500 ft lbs of torque.Which means screw CAFE standards we will still get nice size cars !! With RWD ! And 30 MPG at least I say, NICE !! Very Happy Laughing

emissions standards in the USA are rigged pretty much against diesel powered passenger cars, so i wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for a midsize car with a diesel V8 under the hood. they might sell them by the millions in Europe and everywhere else, tho.

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:06 pm

emissions standards in the USA are rigged pretty much against diesel powered passenger cars, so i wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for a midsize car with a diesel V8 under the hood. they might sell them by the millions in Europe and everywhere else, tho.[/quote]

actually the new diesels are cleaner than the gassers and you can actually drink the water drips from the tailpipe. they are cleaner make more power and get better milage than big blocks
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:07 pm

wrote:emissions standards in the USA are rigged pretty much against diesel powered passenger cars, so i wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for a midsize car with a diesel V8 under the hood. they might sell them by the millions in Europe and everywhere else, tho.

actually the new diesels are cleaner than the gassers and you can actually drink the water drips from the tailpipe. they are cleaner make more power and get better milage than big blocks[/quote]
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:23 pm

74Malibu383 wrote:Read this a couple weeks ago.

Same here.

Hard to believe they GM execs are worried about this, when they've given us the likes of the Toyota Nova/Ch#$r%*et Corolla.....

*rolls eyes*

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I will not make the same mistakes" ... Kelly Clarkson ... 'Because Of You'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down