G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another el camino question....

5 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

another el camino question.... Empty another el camino question....

Post by 77malibu77 Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:12 pm

so i have gotten tired of these ugly looking things
another el camino question.... L_600510

but what i have been thinking about is the ones off of a '59 or '60 el camino like these pictures

another el camino question.... 35440110
another el camino question.... Main10

or i have thought about just fabricating up some small round pieces of steel together and attach it to the inside of the bed and smooth the outside...... scratch

any tips?
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

another el camino question.... Empty Re: another el camino question....

Post by maliburacinfreak Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:56 pm

id just get rid of them completely. i always thought they were ugly Razz

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:58 pm

haha yeah thats what i might end up doing What a Face
idk i just want to put something on the inside so i can tie stuff down if im carrying a heavy load Very Happy
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maliburacinfreak Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:03 pm

an eye bolt in each corner of the floor should do it

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:05 pm

kk thx
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Look at all the differant new trucks on the market and you will find all kinds of gadgets on the inside of the bed that fold flat and are recessed. Check out the differant ones. I am sure you will find something to suit your taste. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:56 pm

yeah alright thx
and i saw on one truck there was a plug in like for the house plug in and you can bring stuff when you go camping that would be a pretty cool thing for me to install
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:42 am

I agree with the eye bolt idea. I've done that in the past with my trucks so I could use cargo nets.

BTW, I thought you were selling the El Camino & focusing on the Malibu? Heed my warning, one car at a time!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:29 pm

Rago wrote:I agree with the eye bolt idea. I've done that in the past with my trucks so I could use cargo nets.

BTW, I thought you were selling the El Camino & focusing on the Malibu? Heed my warning, one car at a time!

lol i am but i am eventually going to have both of them fixed up and painted before i even think about selling it, and its my daily driver i kinda want it to look nice you know? gotta attract the ladies and i think it would look cleaner by taking the side trim things off

and the malibu has at least 6 months of work left let alone i havent even got an engine/trans or driveshaft for it, the hard part is finding the driveshaft
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Driveshaft is easy. Once you get your motor/trans in, measure the length between the two & start looking through junkyards. Don't worry about U joint size since there are conversion joints for almost any size. Just make sure to get something that has the correct input shaft for the transmission. If nothing else, get one that's close & have a driveshaft shop cut to fit.

Remove the side rails & primer the car all black. As long as the interior is decent & smells nice, plus you gotta have a shiny set of wheels, chicks will dig it. Thumbs up
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:09 pm

haha ok about the driveshaft and my car is already primer black and i just took all the side trim off around the wheels and on the bottoms of the door and i have the shiny rally caps with silver wheels, and black interior that just smells like an old car
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Chicks don't like flat black cars, they go for shiny stuff, unless its paper and green in color. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:23 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Chicks don't like flat black cars, they go for shiny stuff, unless its paper and green in color. JB

x2.... They also like guys with jobs... Kind of goes hand in hand with the paper, green in color.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:01 pm

thats where the wheels come in..... Razz

yeah im jobless, so that doesnt help much there lol other than a mowing job
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Black primer was my color of choice back in high school. I never had any problems picking up quality tail. The trick is to have a clean interior, semi-loud exhaust, & polished aluminum wheels. Sorry but stock rallies won't cut the cake on a black primer car. Even without my prejudice towards them, they just don't have that effect. Now if you roll up with a set of 17-19" wheels or a BnL set of Draglites, chicks do dig it. My first 76 was an awesome example. I did paint/primer it a few different colors (even tried red primer once Barf ), but I always got compliments with the black primer & D-Slots. It had a stinkbug stance & glasspacks to boot.

Can't argue with the job part. The car will open the door, but you gotta have a closer. At least stretch the truth & make your job sound cool if you have to.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:17 pm

when i first got this elky im like "its going black with chrome wheels (was thinking some american racing wheels at the time) and no white letters on the tires with black interior"and ended up getting the malibu for 400 bucks and it had the rallys for front and back so i took the cheap way out.
but eventually when i can decide on new wheels ill throw the rallys on the malibu and keep it origional until i can get it running perfect and my insurance switched over
i havent had any problems with girls they usually like it because its an old car.

well i usually dont bring up the job part, i just tell them im going to school for 6 years to get my a.a. degree in aeronautics and they dont even ask about the job part lol lol!
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:32 pm

You tell chicks you are going to school for 6 freaking years to get your AA degree? Dude, if they believe that, it doesn't matter what you're driving.

6 years for a 2 year degree - Yeah sounds like quality tail to me.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:55 pm

lol its not 2 year degree i am going 2 years at scc for credits and it takes 4 years at ucf so what are you trying to say?
things have changed alot since you went to school
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Nothing has changed since I went to school. An A.A. degree is short for an Associate of Arts degree which takes 2 years to complete at any junior (community) college, or university. It's usually comprised of your basic courses (Math, English....)

So, if you need 6 years to complete the A.A. degree, which you referenced above, you have issues.

Now, if you were talking about completing a B.S. degree (Bachelor's of Science) in 6 years, that is a different story. 6 years seems to be about the going rate these days for that degree. Especially in that field.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:52 pm

74Malibu383 wrote:Nothing has changed since I went to school. An A.A. degree is short for an Associate of Arts degree which takes 2 years to complete at any junior (community) college, or university. It's usually comprised of your basic courses (Math, English....)

So, if you need 6 years to complete the A.A. degree, which you referenced above, you have issues.

Now, if you were talking about completing a B.S. degree (Bachelor's of Science) in 6 years, that is a different story. 6 years seems to be about the going rate these days for that degree. Especially in that field.

look, for my a.a degree you need to do 2 years at scc (yes that is what you were talking about where you take the basic courses of math and stuff) but then after that i have to go to ucf for AT LEAST 2-4 years, trust me i think i know what im doing. i start in august and have already applied for as many grants as i could and even got a 5000 dollar grant for school.

nothing to do with a bachelors degree its an a.a. degree in aeronautical engineering
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:05 pm

If you say so.... Guess the entire world is wrong and you are right.

Do yourself a favor and Google "A.A. Degree"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associate's_degree
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_BS_Degree_and_what_is_a_AA_Degree
http://www.seminolestate.edu/degreeinfo/

74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:17 pm

alright i am getting my a.a. degree from seminole community college and then after that i am going to UCF and thats when i am getting a bachelors degree and like i said it will take 2-4 years maybe i am not explaining this right for you to understand. and your telling me im wrong im not wrong i know what i have to do and what schooling i will need
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:18 pm

alright i see where you were getting mixed up i was talking about getting my a.a. degree and i said i have 6 years of school and you thought it was all for the a.a. degree
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:49 pm

Not sure what you guys are talking about, but I went to Spartan School of Aeronautics straight out of high school. AA or BS or whatever isn't even necessary. Liar. Yeah I called you a liar. Pilot school is only like 12 months & to get an airframe/powerplant degree it's only 18 months. Add 4months for avionics training (which was optional) & you are still looking at a 2 year school. Either you are dumb for believing it takes 6 years for ANYTHING aeronautics related, or you are lying out your teeth & I'm calling you on it.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Rago wrote:Not sure what you guys are talking about, but I went to Spartan School of Aeronautics straight out of high school. AA or BS or whatever isn't even necessary. Liar. Yeah I called you a liar. Pilot school is only like 12 months & to get an airframe/powerplant degree it's only 18 months. Add 4months for avionics training (which was optional) & you are still looking at a 2 year school. Either you are dumb for believing it takes 6 years for ANYTHING aeronautics related, or you are lying out your teeth & I'm calling you on it.

i dont believe i am "dumb" i am saying that i am going 2 years at scc and then 4 years at ucf, we all have our different methods of doing things and what would i be lying out of my teeth about?
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next