G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to maybe get another car to use as a DD and retire the ELCO to weekend work.

4 posters

Go down

Looking to maybe get another car to use as a DD and retire the ELCO to weekend work. Empty Looking to maybe get another car to use as a DD and retire the ELCO to weekend work.

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:06 pm

So I need some ideas from you guys, right now im leaning towards a Fox body mustang (90-93), impala/caprice(94-96) or maybe a Regal to do a GNX clone...any input on these or other ideas is greatly appreciated.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Looking to maybe get another car to use as a DD and retire the ELCO to weekend work. Empty Re: Looking to maybe get another car to use as a DD and retire the ELCO to weekend work.

Post by The Dude Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Those all sound like fun to me. Then again I'm probably the most diverse car person on the site. I prefer a manual trans even though somehow all of my current rides are auto. I like power even if it's a DD, but I deal with low power rides if they are comfortable enough like my S10. I'm just as happy riding in a half rotten farm truck as I am in a fully loaded convertible sports car. In other words, I have no particular favorite car, just like to seek out deals. I either go by the book value/cost ratio or fun factor/gas mileage ratio when selecting vehicles for a DD. Sure a V8 car is going to be more fun (not always though), but for a DD, there are several turbo'd 4cyl cars & even some 6 bangers out there that will give the same excitement at half of the gas cost so you can dish out more to your toy.

I say if you go fox body keep your eyes out for an SVO. Why 90-93 Fox body? The body style was identical from 87-93. They introduced the full roller 5.0 in 85 but carb'd, the fuel injection came in 86. I personally wouldn't mind owning an 85 to be honest.

Looking to maybe get another car to use as a DD and retire the ELCO to weekend work. Slvmust-771x470

Imp/Caprice is basically gonna be set up like our cars, but newer & more comfy I'd imagine. You should be familiar with all of the drivetrain stuff & you got plenty of room for passengers compared to your other choices.

A Regal would be cool especially if you go turbo 6.

Whatever your choice is, keep in mind that this will be something you drive DAILY so make sure it's comfortable to you! That's what really matters.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Looking to maybe get another car to use as a DD and retire the ELCO to weekend work. Empty Re: Looking to maybe get another car to use as a DD and retire the ELCO to weekend work.

Post by pila Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:43 pm

After sitting in a Caprice of the 92-95 years, and then a big-A$$ Buick Roadmaster (same car), the Buick would be my choice for comfort. My wife's Caddy is the same car, a '93 Fleetwood Brougham (over-dressed Chevy) but it has a 350 Chevy engine (the good part)
And of course the Caddy comfort....
The Caprice I looked at ('93) had a 305 in it. Had to be a real slug, heavy car with a 305....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:41 pm

We had a Roadmaster,great car but get a 94-96 with the Lt1.It really runs nice and does very good on gas.Nice comfy car all around.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down