G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 Chevelle work in process, and oh the memories !

4 posters

Go down

73 Chevelle work in process, and oh the memories ! Empty 73 Chevelle work in process, and oh the memories !

Post by alleyball4 Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:09 pm

I wish I knew this site was here a year ago....it would have saved me alot of time and money!! I have felt like I was all alone in restoring my 73. The challenge of finding parts, and being ripped off because people don't have PayPal, and you send them money some other way, and they are supposed to ship you something, and you never get it. I remember sloshing around the junk yards in the mud, and my shoe being lost in the mud. Driving 4 hours for some swivel buckets, or 6 hours for a bumper. I have so many times when I've faced dead ends on parts, started thinking to myself, is all this worth it?

It has been quite a journey so far, and I have loved every minute of it. When I bought my car, and they pulled it off the trailer...my boy who was 17 at the time, laughed hysterically, and said, "you aren't going to drive that pile of heap are you"? I jumped in and tried to start it, and couldn't get it to fire, and finally did, backed it out of the driveway, and it died. I thought he was going to wet his pants, he was laughing so hard. In anger, I jumped out, and said, "when I get this car done, you are going to beg to drive it !!!" I am about half done, and already he's begged me to drive it.

It had been 30 years since I drove the 73 I had when I was 15 back. Driving it down the road for the first time again, looking at the dash, looking out the windshield at the hood....it was like I was 15 again....it was a spiritual experience, that I would never be able to put into words. And now, thinking to myself.....already, it has been worth it!
73 Chevelle work in process, and oh the memories ! C:\Documents and Settings\Tony\My Documents\My Pictures\mychevelle3
alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

73 Chevelle work in process, and oh the memories ! Empty Re: 73 Chevelle work in process, and oh the memories !

Post by coreys73chevelle Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:43 am

NICE! so the one you have now is the same one you had when you were 15 ?
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

73 Chevelle work in process, and oh the memories ! Empty Re: 73 Chevelle work in process, and oh the memories !

Post by alleyball4 Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:06 am

no, this is a different one....but I'm fixing it up, like I was going to back in 1980, and never did ......I'm taking care of some unfinished business rabbit

I might be in trouble though, I joined the other, and have been reading old posts, to get caught up on everything, and I understand there is a "green curse" ?? this car was originally the butt ugly green.....not good !

Your restoration project was unbelievable....you may regret one day selling it, but you seem like the type, that could get another one, and work your magic all over again !!

Is the age right, 18? if so, to know so much at such a young age...wow ! I got socks older than you ! lol
alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:48 pm

It's been ten years since I sat behind the wheel of my '76 which I got when we both were 16 years old. It has since gone onto the big race track in the sky.

!0 years pass and I find a deal on my current 77, which other than color, is optioned out exactly like the 76 was. and when I first got it running and driving, it brought back memories of tooling around. Every control is second nature, every little nuance in the way it goes over the road just feels right.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:31 pm

I wish I had all my old cars back. JB http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19847223
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down