G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does this engine wire holder go?

+2
bigredlaguna
Limey SE
6 posters

Go down

How does this engine wire holder go? Empty How does this engine wire holder go?

Post by orange Juiced Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Need help figuring this out, I know it was installed wrong because the plastic casing on the wires have melted off from being to close to the headers. Pics are from the back passenger side of the motor, the wires that run through it are for the starter. It doesn't line up with the bolts around it, and it was only bolted on one end. I'm not sure when it was installed if they just twisted a tabs so they can mount it or if it even belongs to my car.

How does this engine wire holder go? IMAG0017

How does this engine wire holder go? IMAG0015

I put longer bolts to make it more visible
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

How does this engine wire holder go? Empty Re: How does this engine wire holder go?

Post by bigredlaguna Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Looks to me like it would line up with the rear intake bolt and one of the head bosses.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

How does this engine wire holder go? Empty Re: How does this engine wire holder go?

Post by orange Juiced Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:03 am

Yeah I thought that too, but it doesn't line up. The bottom was bolted down on number 3 with the tranny dip stick and the top just sat there. since its bolted with the tranny dipstick, the opening of this tube is blocked. I played around with it for a few minutes trying different was and I couldn't figure it out. Can any one take a quick look and snap a pic of it, thanks.
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:32 am

Mine was bolted to 1 and 3 for my cutlass

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:45 am

Ok, I looked at my car cause I knew where this thing went and it just drove me nuts that I couldn't remember. It is a heat shield for the starter wires from the dash.

Mine is attached at the bottom on a stud at the flywheel end of the starter solenoid. The upper is actually loose on mine, but looks like it lines up with a bellhousing bolt.

The tab that sticks out at a right angle is the starter end, and the tab that extends past the end of the tube should line up with I think the second bellhouse bolt (#3).
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:03 am

bigredlaguna wrote:Ok, I looked at my car cause I knew where this thing went and it just drove me nuts that I couldn't remember. It is a heat shield for the starter wires from the dash.

Mine is attached at the bottom on a stud at the flywheel end of the starter solenoid. The upper is actually loose on mine, but looks like it lines up with a bellhousing bolt.

The tab that sticks out at a right angle is the starter end, and the tab that extends past the end of the tube should line up with I think the second bellhouse bolt (#3).

x2
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:57 am

I have mine to a bell housing bolt.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:17 pm

So its pretty much runs from the starter to the back, cool I had mine behind the engine. I couldn't line up both bolt openings but I'll see what i can do. Thanks for help guys.
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 pm

I used a Chevy wire loom (pipe) on My Caddy engine, and mounted it like it was on the Chevy engine, on a bell housing bolt.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down