G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can get frustrating

+7
74MonteCarlo
The Dude
JiMi_DRiX
BlackChevelleSS
dragons_lair59
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
1973 Buick Century
11 posters

Go down

Can get frustrating Empty Can get frustrating

Post by jrb75 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:26 am

I stopped by a house nearby mine to look at a 76/77 Elky. I knew it had been there awhile and thought it might make a good parts car, mostly the body. Used my daughter as an informant-goes to school with theirs, said it was for sale and they were "taking offers"...DING-DING that was all I should have listened to, lol.

Said he got it from a estate sale, it would run, he hadn't tried...good glass, hard to find...blah-blah-blah. I go to take a look at and the only things that looked to not need reworked were the hood and header pieces. Took all I had to open the hood and it has had all kinds of rodents and insects keeping the engine compartment company.

I walked to my car and left, not even offering a few hundred cause I knew, this fella thought he had something valuable and one of us would walk away insulted. At one time, maybe it was decent but, not for the past 5 years I've known it was there.

jrb75
jrb75
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Can get frustrating Empty Re: Can get frustrating

Post by The Dude Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:49 am

Take a short drive up this way if you need parts or maybe a whole car. I'm trying to part out a 77 Classic loaded with stuff. Power windows, power locks, leather bench seat with 6 way power, tilt steering, & more. Minor rust on bottom of doors, rust on body, decent fenders & hood. If you need anything let me know & I probably have it. Just saying.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 Buick Century Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Dontcha just love it when someone plays the game "hard to find", "rare", or something along the lines? I have also collected LTDs, Grand Marquis, Thunderbird, and Lincoln models out of the '70s since I could drive. Oh how many stories I could tell from meeting people that think they have something worth a small gold mine.

Lincoln clocks out of the '70s have "Cartier" scripted on the front clock panel. I ALWAYS get "Well its a Cartier edition". Well there were MANY editions for the Mark series including a real Cartier edition with colors, scripts on the windows, all sorts of stuff to identify it.

But the guy I always seem to talk to is about my age (I'm 31) and got the car from his grandpa, now trying to dump it. So arguing what the car really is...............I know we have all been there.
1973 Buick Century
1973 Buick Century
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:24 pm

haha i love this post cause we've all been there
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by jrb75 Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:20 am

No kidding....aint it something?...Hey Rago thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm still tempted to go offer him something just to gauge a reaction but, I may save that for a day when I'm feeling honery...lol
jrb75
jrb75
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:28 pm

not a lincoln man but my boss has a 56 mark 2 in near mint shape for sale but scared to ask cause he has more money then god and everything he has he thinks is gold and lincolns even more valuable
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:44 pm

I know where a 73 roller is decent body good interior blue on blue for 400 bucks here in tulsa

Can get frustrating SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:09 pm

Same here, I know where there is a 77 Monte in my neighborhood thats been sitting the carport for years, looks all original, and probably family owned since it was new, it just throws that vibe. And its parked next to their Prius.. I want to take some extra money and see if I can scoop it up, but I havent yet.
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:55 am

BlackChevelleSS wrote:I know where a 73 roller is decent body good interior blue on blue for 400 bucks here in tulsa

..... Shocked

Did all 1973 Chevelles land in Tulsa or are you just lucky enough to track them down? I've also found a tan 73 sitting behind a barn in Jay & a maroon 73 at a dealership in Vinita (both less than a 1/2 hour away from Tulsa for those that are curious). Then again I'm not really looking for another car, but still.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by jrb75 Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:02 am

Between the two of ya's i may get lucky.
jrb75
jrb75
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:53 pm

jrb75 wrote:I stopped by a house nearby mine to look at a 76/77 Elky. I knew it had been there awhile and thought it might make a good parts car, mostly the body. Used my daughter as an informant-goes to school with theirs, said it was for sale and they were "taking offers"...DING-DING that was all I should have listened to, lol.

Said he got it from a estate sale, it would run, he hadn't tried...good glass, hard to find...blah-blah-blah.

I love the "hard to find" and "rare" stuff.

Yak s**t is hard to find, but that doesn't make it valuable.

Also, all of the "classic" cars these guys find or inherit.

"This be my grandaddys 1982 Fairmount station wagon, a real classic, rare and hard to find 10,000 bucks OBO, Call Jed".
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:55 pm

LMFAO @ RC!!!!!!!!!!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:59 pm

dragons_lair59 wrote:not a lincoln man but my boss has a 56 mark 2 in near mint shape for sale but scared to ask cause he has more money then god and everything he has he thinks is gold and lincolns even more valuable

Sam, TECHNICALLY...that's not a Lincon. The 1956-57 Continental Mark III was made by Continental, a separate division from Lincoln. When those cars were new, they ran about $10,000. Comparable to a Rolls-Royce...or two Cadillacs. In those two years, only 2994 were made. They are highly collectible. Average prices in good condition can fetch around $75-80,000.

Don't want to sound like a condescending A$$ hole. Just spreading the knowledge Very Happy

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:59 pm

It's not condescension--it's automotive trivia.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:48 am

Uh I ain't selling my car. You should call John or Mike. LMFAO
GoFast
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:04 am

jrb75 wrote:Between the two of ya's i may get lucky.

Please clarify.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 am

Jedediah wrote:Uh I ain't selling my car. You should call John or Mike. LMFAO
GoFast

Heh, sorry Jed. I was thinkin' of the Clampet type. Come and listen to my story. Very Happy
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by jrb75 Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:45 am

bigredlaguna wrote:
jrb75 wrote:Between the two of ya's i may get lucky.

Please clarify.

Unless the got Pimp-a-ho services on the side, ya know....BlackChevelleSS-Of the night and Rago-Your stew for only 2....lol. Im talkin about some parts and/or parts cars....rofl... Razz
jrb75
jrb75
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down