G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ready to read some of these news stories !!!

+3
77mali
abajc3
2fat2fly
7 posters

Go down

ready  to read  some of these news stories !!! Empty ready to read some of these news stories !!!

Post by 2fat2fly Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:52 am

New to the site, always good to trade secrets with so many. I've had this car from about 1984, bought it from a guy that was into 61 bubble tops. He had it about a month and I found it in the paper, $700.00 for a SS 454 car. The only reason I got the car was because it had a 454, 400 trans., and a posi. I thought for the $ I could always use the parts for such a great price. I'm the 3rd. owner it was bought here in Bakersfield ca. by a female teacher and was driven pretty hard but was mostly all there. After about 3 yrs. it kind of grew on me and well this is it after 3 other refurbishments car had zero rust. Down thru the yrs. it has had several power combos and finally I went with the Dart big M block, billet caps, Callies 1/4 stroker, Comp. hyd. roller, GM big oval ports cyl. heads taken to the max, put a F-2 pro charger and all that goes with it. Well anyways it puts out a bit over 1300 hp and the torque is around 1450, all before 6500, a built 4l80, detroit locker with 389 gears and 35 spline axles. The car can be driven anywhere and is a pussycat in town. I built a 72 Chevelle with my nephew 454, 100 over, about a 13 to 1 motor, Dart heads, big Comp. solid roller, Lemon headers with 4in. exh. don't remember the duration but the lift is 730-750, 1250 dom., the car runs low to mid 10's, I used to call the freight train. We have played with them and he jumps me for about 2 seconds then I'm able to start pulling him in, he's running a 5250 stall and I got a 2500. I've had alot of fun with the car and plan to keep it awhile.

ready  to read  some of these news stories !!! SS9-3-11019ready  to read  some of these news stories !!! SS9-3-11014
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

ready  to read  some of these news stories !!! Empty Re: ready to read some of these news stories !!!

Post by abajc3 Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:31 am

great car man! do you have any videos?

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

ready  to read  some of these news stories !!! Empty Re: ready to read some of these news stories !!!

Post by 77mali Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:43 am

https://www.g3gm.com/t1052-how-to-post-pictures-take-two?highlight=post+pics

Welcome aboard!
Edit: Wow, that's a lot of plumbing. Nice work.

Last edited by 77mali on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:45 am

Welcome to the site. I also have a Dart Big M block in my car, but its built totally for the street and is only about 600 HP. I was talked into the more expensive parts by my engine builder. Its still powerful enough to embaress a lot of ricers. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Very nice Cant wait to see the Pics and Vids of it sounds like a beast and JB where is the Vids of this Elky going down the track ???

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Wow ! Nice !!!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:01 am

Limey wrote:Very nice Cant wait to see the Pics and Vids of it sounds like a beast and JB where is the Vids of this Elky going down the track ???
Seems like every summer I wind up in the hospital or sumpin'. This summer I had just started getting over that quad bypass surgery and then I wound up twice during the summer for kidney stones. The first time they did not get 'em all. Now my back has went completely out on me and I have pain running all the way down my leg from the Scatic nerve. I guessed at the spelling on that one. I wanted to paint my 78 Elky myself so I could have a better chance of selling it and never did get THAT done. This IS the Ann Landers' crying column, right? JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:48 am

LOL Yea welcome to Landers Corner LOL Its ok JB I am glad to just have you around still !!!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Leike Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:09 am

Welcome cheers
Leike
Leike
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down