G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Powertrain

2 posters

Go down

New Powertrain Empty New Powertrain

Post by Checyxtc Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi there G3er's;

I finally got the new beast a 468 bbc @ 550hp (When this thing was on the engine dyno with the open headers I almost had an orgasm..LOL) and a custom made Muncie M-22 Rock Crusher (good to 700hp). I'm going to be putting it in over the winter but I'm torn about what to do with the 454 and Muncie that's in her now....

Earlier I posted a short video on here of the engine running and she does run strong, it does need valve seals and rear main seal and I'm not sure about the compression as I haven't tested it yet. The original Muncie does work well but I know it's gonna need a rebuild in the not to distant future. So the question is: If it were you would you keep them both and rebuild them or just sell them to recoup a few $$$

[img]New Powertrain My_new11[/img][img]New Powertrain My_new12[/img]

Last edited by Checyxtc on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bugged up on pics :))
Checyxtc
Checyxtc
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

New Powertrain Empty Re: New Powertrain

Post by 77mali Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:18 pm

Ship the old ones to Massachusetts, LOL!!!! But seriously, the original numbers matching components always add value to cars...weather on or off. If you are going to ever sell it it will be worth more. I know our cars are not worth as much as a 70 Judge but you never know a few more yeras down the road.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down