G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73Chevelle SS

5 posters

Go down

73Chevelle SS Empty 73Chevelle SS

Post by 1973chevelle Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:14 am

well me and my dad got my chevelle pushed into the garage. we hooked up a battery to see if the motor will turn over or not, luckily it did but it was makin a horrible sound, half of the teeth on the starter were chipped off. i put a new one on(heavy as hell)and ran a gas line to a gas can and just hillbilly tied it to the frame, she fired up preety good with some carb spray, and NO SMOKE at all. i filled the tranny fluid and drove it around the yard for the first time. even tho it was on grass i didnt even try to but i spun the tires. I guess thats a good sign of a great American Classic Smile. I sure cant wait til i have the money to build it how i want. cheers
1973chevelle
1973chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

73Chevelle SS Empty Re: 73Chevelle SS

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:02 am

Give us some pics.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain S-3 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:42 am

That Is really Cool. Have Fun With it and get some pictures up for all of us to see and Enjoy along with you. It makes me Miss my First one that I had. I did not take a lot of pictures and now I regret it (Of course we did not all have a camera on our Phones back then). We old Guys can Relive some of our youth watching you Build your Car and maybe even give you a little advice and save you some Money and Head aches that we all had. I do have some Pictures of My First One Back In 1981 Completed. I am posting a few so I hope it Gets you Excited to see what you can have when done. (Don't Steal My Paint Job I will Buy Another one that I can Repaint like this one Again LOL Cool )

73Chevelle SS 0004331073Chevelle SS 0004331173Chevelle SS 00043312

I biult this back when I was 19/20 years old whith My Dads help It had a Corvette LT1 Motor With way to much Extras to list in one Post Needless to Say It Was not Stock And Hauled A$$!! So if you need any help Just let us Know. Have Fun!
Captain S-3
Captain S-3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna 74 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:50 am

Nice looking car Capt..
Laguna 74
Laguna 74
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973chevelle Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:31 pm

beautiful Laguna. im thinkin about doing mine gloss black with a black vinyl top, and pearl white racing stripes, with fat Cregars in back and skinny ones in front, all interior black with a split bench seat in front. Ill have to wait for the motor tho. I want a 400/400, 2400 stall and 3:73 Posi in the rear. afro
1973chevelle
1973chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain S-3 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:58 pm

1973chevelle wrote:beautiful Laguna. im thinkin about doing mine gloss black with a black vinyl top, and pearl white racing stripes, with fat Cregars in back and skinny ones in front, all interior black with a split bench seat in front. Ill have to wait for the motor tho. I want a 400/400, 2400 stall and 3:73 Posi in the rear. afro

That Sounds Really Nice I Love those Colors it should look Great! Though I would rethink the Vinyl Top If not done right could cause Rust Issues Down the Road. I replaced the TH 350 With TH 400 Built with a Full Mannuel Shift Valve (Look It Up) and a 3500 RPM Stall Speed Converter, I also had 3:73 Gear Posi I did start with a 4:11 Gear but Changed it out Later "I could not get it to Hook up Properly" I Kept a Pair of M&H Race Masters in the trunk for those Staurday Night Events I also had Header Knock Outs that helped alot plus Sounded real good For Racing. Now a Days you can Buy Electric ones but Back then I had to crawl underneath and pull the Baffles. Again take alot of Pictures and Post them up for all of us to See.
Captain S-3
Captain S-3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain S-3 Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:02 pm

Laguna 74 wrote:Nice looking car Capt..

Thanks I really want to find One that I can restore Back like that one. The one I have Now I cant Touch Besides Wash and Wax. In Time I Will.
Captain S-3
Captain S-3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973chevelle Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:53 pm

i havent been on here for a couple days bc of my computer. but i came home from work with a brand new laptop on the computer desk. now i should be able to put up pictures once i figure it out. shes a little rough rite now tho. i need all of the 73 front minus core support, and drivers side fender/inner fender/headlight bezel and the trim. everything else for the front i need.
1973chevelle
1973chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:05 pm

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member