G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

im stumped

4 posters

Go down

im stumped Empty im stumped

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:42 pm

this black set is my original set out of my 73.
im stumped Img_0911

this neutral set is also out of a 73 monte i had
im stumped Img_0912

if both are 73's why does the black set have pockets in the corners?im stumped Img_0913

ive had the black set since 02,ond the neutral set since 96 and never noticed the difference. the 74 cloth set that is in my car now i got in 86 and there are no pockets either...i am guessing that maybe the black set is early and the neutral set is late.. or GM had different companies doing the seats.

heres the 74 seats in my car now.
im stumped Img_0914
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

im stumped Empty Re: im stumped

Post by 77mali Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:31 pm

My guess would be they were fabricated in different locations/vendors- like you said, if they're both 73. There are so many little "variants" in these cars from year to year- it's enough to drive you nuts. Wonder what today's after market ones have?
Laughing
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:57 pm

I've seen that before. My buddy had a 77 monte with swivels in the mid 80's. The car was immaculate. He was a big guy so he kept "stressing" that pocket area and ripping the stitching. He brought it to a guy who does interiors who made that pocket for him. I remember him saying that it happens all the time. So I think its good to have the little extra there so allow for more flexing. I'd like to find a neutral set of covers with the pockets for a nice price.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Agreed. Your don't have to be big, either. They all eventually let go there. I'm going to have those added to mine next time I have them redone.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum