G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i need help leaky oil pan! (aaaahhhhh)

4 posters

Go down

i need help leaky oil pan! (aaaahhhhh) Empty i need help leaky oil pan! (aaaahhhhh)

Post by McCauley5983 Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:02 am

i pulled my oil pan off and the front seal that came off is twice the size of the new one.

ive checked three different types of gasket sets and they are all smaller, if i replace the oil pan gasket with with the new smaller front seal will it leak.

what should i do??

the engine is a 1972 chevy 350 4 bolt main motor out of a c10
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

i need help leaky oil pan! (aaaahhhhh) Empty Re: i need help leaky oil pan! (aaaahhhhh)

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:10 am

Take the pan to the parts store and tell them what it cam from

Last edited by Limey aka Maligoon on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

i need help leaky oil pan! (aaaahhhhh) Empty Re: i need help leaky oil pan! (aaaahhhhh)

Post by jonny o Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:12 am

The kits for these smallblocks ususlly includes two different front oil pan seals. The big one is about twice the height of the small one. Every kit I have ever bought had both sizes.

Take another look and make sure you don't have both.

jonny o
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:05 pm

I agree with jonnyo ypu either overlooked it or it was missing....Dont try to make one!!!!
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:44 pm

felpro has two different kits one with the big front seal and one with the little one part number 0s5197c-2 (small one) 0s5197c-5 (big one)
0s5197c-5 (big one) this is for 75 and newer supposedly and is what's on my 73 oil pan, it doesnt make any sense and explains why stupid people at auto stores cant help and keep selling me the thin one( supposedly for 73 and older)
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down