G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just wondering

Go down

Just wondering Empty Just wondering

Post by Dead Man on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:18 pm

Out of the 600 4spd 454 73 chevelles, how many of those came with black interior.
Dead Man
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by bagpipe71 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:58 pm

i'm understanding that "factory" ss all came out with black interior and round gauges,dealers ships had a ss package that could be put on any chevelle

bagpipe71
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by Joe73 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:15 pm

bagpipe71 wrote: i'm understanding that "factory" ss all came out with black interior and round gauges,dealers ships had a ss package that could be put on any chevelle

Would that be for 454 cars?? My blue and my brown 350 Ss's both had the off white interior. I also never heard of a dealer installing an SS package. But it could be done since its just an appearance package but not worth the headache.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 79

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by bagpipe71 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:20 pm

don't know on the 454's but all factorys was 4speed cars

bagpipe71
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by bagpipe71 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:26 pm

when they started cutting hp,they started giving more options to keep sale up, depending on the size of dealer ,would mean more options

bagpipe71
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by Pontichev327 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:12 pm

The 73 SS package included a black, round gauge dash BEZEL. Not an all black interior. They can be any color available in 1973 for Malibu. Mine is Dark Saddle. Engine and trans combo does not matter...SS454 or SS350 can be any color. Or trans. Automatics were the most common and then 4 speed. Yes! they even made 3 speed manual SS454 and SS350.


Last edited by Pontichev327 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by Pontichev327 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:38 pm

As to the original Question, NOBODY knows how many black interiors they made in 454's because Chevy didn't keep any kind of record on specific options like that. Theyonly have general numbers and don't even really know the exact number of SS 454's-- only an estimate. There have been numbers thrown around like that for years, but the truth is no one actualy knows.
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:22 pm

If its any consulation. All 73 round bezels were Black. Did not matter what color interior.

I intern would like to know how many 454 73 montes there were.

P.S. The tops of 73 consoles were black also, no matter what color interior.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by 77mali on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Pontichev327 wrote:As to the original Question, NOBODY knows how many black interiors they made in 454's because Chevy didn't keep any kind of record on specific options like that. Theyonly have general numbers and don't even really know the exact number of SS 454's-- only an estimate. There have been numbers thrown around like that for years, but the truth is no one actualy knows.

Yep- Estimates only for most GM cars except the Pontiac division which is serviced now by the Pontiac Historical Society (PHS). Fjord & Chrysler also kept these old records and sold them off to Kevin Marty (Marty Report) & Galen Govier of Galen's Tag Service.

Some Chevelle sites have estimated production numbers posted but many are missing a lot of data (especially the G3 data). :-(
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by Dead Man on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:41 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:If its any consulation. All 73 round bezels were Black. Did not matter what color interior.

I intern would like to know how many 454 73 montes there were.

P.S. The tops of 73 consoles were black also, no matter what color interior.
well that helps, that was actually what I was getting at I was wondering just how many 4spd consoles was made that was black, but there is a forum member on here that says he has been offered one in tan ?. so is that just a no go and the only way they came was black only ?
Dead Man
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by Joe73 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:51 pm

My 73 4spd console is factory brown on the bottom to match the rug, kick panels, package tray and dash. But it has a black top. The round face of my dash is also black.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 79

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:09 pm

73ssbb wrote:
1973 454 MONTE wrote:If its any consulation. All 73 round bezels were Black. Did not matter what color interior.

I intern would like to know how many 454 73 montes there were.

P.S. The tops of 73 consoles were black also, no matter what color interior.
well that helps, that was actually what I was getting at I was wondering just how many 4spd consoles was made that was black, but there is a forum member on here that says he has been offered one in tan ?. so is that just a no go and the only way they came was black only ?

It seems that all 73s were black.

But in 74 they were the color of the console base.

So if a 74 chevelle came with a 4 speed and console,i would assume it could of been tan.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Joe73 wrote:My 73 4spd console is factory brown on the bottom to match the rug, kick panels, package tray and dash. But it has a black top. The round face of my dash is also black.

Exactly right
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by Laguna Budman on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Check this out.
http://www.superchevy.com/features/chevellemontecarlo/sucp_1204_1973_chevy_chevelle_super_sport/
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:04 am

I have that mag. Very nice car.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by Laguna Budman on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:00 pm

I put it up there because it's an original 454SS and had some good interior pics of what you guys are talking about for colors. No black tailpanel but does have chrome around quarter windows.http://www.superchevy.com/features/chevellemontecarlo/sucp_1204_1973_chevy_chevelle_super_sport/
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Just wondering Empty Re: Just wondering

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum