G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fingers Crossed!

+7
WyldeBill66
alleyball4
jerry46765
1973 454 MONTE
77mali
pila
dynchel
11 posters

Go down

Fingers Crossed! Empty Fingers Crossed!

Post by Pontichev327 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:13 pm

I have received news that my 1975 Grand Am is very likely going to be in a pictorial article in Hemmings Classic Cars. I got the release forms and info sheets this week. The Photographer is Jeff Koch who lives here in Az. They want to do a comparison article with a 1974 Matador X. The Matador is burnt orange with a wide white rally stripe. The owner has contacted me and it looks like it is going to happen in April. Of course it would not be published untill fall, but I am stoked for sure!! Both cars are mid-low milage, all stock, and pretty close in specs. Jeff first approached me about it almost two years ago at the Pontiac Heaven show, and I had pretty much put it out of my mind untill a few weeks ago. He E-mailed me and said to stay tuned for further developments. They wanted a 1975 Furd Elite for the comparison, but couldn't nail one down that was in the same condition, and available at the right time. Then the Matador popped up a few weeks ago, so now it's back on! For anyone I haven't bored to death with my Grand Am specs yet, This 75 Grand Am is loaded with 26 options, and only has 61,000 miles on it. Out of 8786 2dr GA's made in 75, this is the only one known to have BOTH a power split bench seat AND the small opera windows together. Remember, they came STANDARD with bucket, console, AND the louvered windows. That's why the Pontiac club loves it so much. Almost all the tags, paint daubs, and grease pencils marks are still there, and the plug wires are even still original. The only thing gone is the smog pump. [img]Fingers Crossed! Tom_s_10[/img][img]Fingers Crossed! Tom_s_11[/img][img]Fingers Crossed! Pontia10[/img][img]Fingers Crossed! 74_mat10[/img]
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Fingers Crossed! Empty Re: Fingers Crossed!

Post by ant7377 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Jeez,that is sweet ! You like what you like, but who the hell would buy a Matador over that car?
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:42 pm

My wifes uncle bought a madator because his wifes family worked for Furd and his dad worked for gm. He told me that this way he had a little of both with out picking sides. A pretty lame reason to buy one of the ugliest cars ever but to each his own. Smile
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:50 pm

That Grand Am is beautiful !! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Matador....translation- "Killer"....talk about an oxymoron.

Does not compare to a Grand Am. Congrats.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Thanks Guys!... It is an extremely nice car, kind of stodgy & old mannish, with the opera windows and bench seat, but I love it anyway. But I really love the louvers and those reclining buckets and console. That's why I had to have that white 73. Just to drive and enjoy while I tried to preserve the 75 the best I can.
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Good luck.

1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:11 pm

That is a sweet car.

You could find the smog pump but all the fittings and exhaust connections would be a nightmare. Maybe not since they would be common on Firebirds.

You will have to subscribe to Hemmings Classic if you get in it.
Good Luck.

Thanks -

Jerry
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 pm

Thanks Jerry! I already subscribe to Hemmings Muscle Machines, but Hemmings Classic Cars is the same type format and really nice quality paper and full color pics too. I probably will subsrcibe to it too! The comparison articles are about 7 or 8 pages long too, instead of just 1 or 2 like a single feature article!
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyball4 Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:54 am

I hope everything works out ... that is quite an honor.

When you become famous, don't forget about us little people, that supported you along the way Laughing
alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeBill66 Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 am

My step father had an AMC Hornet when he met my mom, and traded it in on a Matador to carry the bigger family. Four of us kids. It was a dog for sure. He was going to give it to me when I got my license. Fortunately he was gone before I reached that age. My friends and I called it the "Batmobile". Ugly car with no power.

WyldeBill66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:14 am

As a child I actually used to go fishing with my Grandfather in a Matador wagon. I don't remember what year that car was, but the front grille had a big square protrusion that I never liked. This Matador X is actually pretty good looking though. Check out these pictures of the same year Matador but without bumpers, and customized a little. It looks pretty mean! Cool [img]Fingers Crossed! Union_10[/img] url=https://servimg.com/view/17914608/91]Fingers Crossed! Flagst12[/url][/img][img]Fingers Crossed! Union_12[/img]
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:04 am

not a bad car kinda hs to grow on ya. i think they kinda look like the ba#%ard child of a javelin and pace but just my fellings lol
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:33 am

I think I saw that one in a mag somewhere a while back and liked it -- losing the bumpers changes the whole look of the car. I will confess that I always kinda liked the Matador in an it's-almost-pretty-but-something's-not-quite-right kind of way. I think this guy figured it out.

thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Wow ! Dosent look bad with no bumpers. Still wouldnt buy one over a GA though.
I learned to drive on my grandfathers 76 Hornet wagon. Not a bad car. Pretty tough too.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down