G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life is awesome! You?

Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Life is awesome! You?

Post by knightfan26917 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:00 am

"You know J.R. is making deals" __ Hank Williams Jr __ 'This Ain't Dallas'


~2 months ago, I was ~110 pounds b/c of not eating or sleeping. Still not sleeping, but starting to eat. With that, I've had a bit more energy (& 'fight') to start working on some projects & found this note written by a friend ~9 years ago:
"My friend, if I could give you one gift, I would give you the ability to see yourself as others see you. Then you would realize what a truly special person you are."

Made me smile, but my hunch is most of us can't see ourselves the way others seem to.... "Tough times" make that harder. While family & friends are discussing engagements, kids, pets, classic car season, gatherings & events, home & car purchases, adventures, opportunities, etc., I'm watching my "glass floor" shatter.... Fun times ... NOT!

On the plus side, part of my new-found energy is my facebook page ... OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS. A friend wrote this about it:
"Kinda feels like hangin' out at Al's Diner from Happy Days. Music, cars; I guess that makes you Fonzie!"

People keep asking what they can do to help; well, something easy & no-cost for those on facebook ... "like" the page & have fun with it!
https://www.facebook.com/OldCarsStrongHearts

Nephew & Niece are doing just fine. Nephew told his Mom (my sister) recently, "I hope I get to see Uncle Cort today!" Niece is almost 4 months old ... ALREADY!


So, how about you?



Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | soon only?: '81mc & '79 CC
CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I just can't anymore this life of solitude" __ Saliva __ 'Always'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by Bruisr on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:22 am

I've had a rough 2 yrs. making my bills, and keeping my house, and keeping my wife in the fight with me! Nothing has really changed! Just got tired of trying really hard to get by. I still struggle to get by, I just don't let it consume me. When I have a rough day, I come here and see hope and motivation! I will go out and tinker with my babies, A 74 chevelle, and a 73 el camino, most times I don't have the money to do any real work on my cars, but I'll still tinker around. It keeps my mind off the reality of life, and fresh with ideas for future projects on the cars. Recently the 350 in my 73 elco spun a bearing, but uncle sam hooked me up with a decent return to have a 454 rebuilt to put in its place. Not exactly what I was wanting to do, but I needed an engine and that was the best choice for my situation. I just keep on keepin on and I know eventually life will get better. I don't know your situation "knightfan" but just don't give up!
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by Limey SE on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:34 am

I agree with Bruisr Cort, you already know my Situation here and cant wait for you to see the New Place !! And the rest of story is well I am glad to start a new chapter YET AGAIN, Unpacking suks but at least this time we didn't have as much to unpack.

As far people I have met since Dan aka BlackChevelleSS started this site back in 2008, You, I have enjoyed meeting up and chatting with on the phone the most, always had some cool place to go and a lot of us seen the travels we wished we could take, that you shared with us thru pictures. And I really hope one day that will come back.

True the floor you think that is shattering is just merely someone holding you up to put a new one under you my friend, I have really really struggled in the past 10 months, you know that but thru it all having a friend like you has made all the difference, even so called people that said they had my back have now turned that same back on me, which in all honesty I could care less, it just goes to show when someone comes into your life that matters and you respect and trust them, It doesn't matter what happens your there.

I AM PROUD TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND and I feel in my heart you have given me the inspiration I have needed in the last ten months !! It will get better Cort that I promise you, When and where I am not sure I don't control that part but it will my friend, That I am sure of !!!
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by alleyball4 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:16 am

None of us know what someone else is going through. The dark days, where you don't know if you can go on. Or you just feel like giving up.

I am glad all of you, with the struggles strapped to your back, have plodded along. It is my hope, that some of your burdens will be lifted, and that life will turn around, and get easier.

I appreciate each of you sharing. Here's a quote from 20 years ago, that was an encouragement to me in my darkest days ... I hope it encourages you:

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

- Author unknown



alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by dynchel on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 am

I really can't complain to much, my wife and I have had it very good for the last 13 years. we have enough money for our needs, we are not rich my any means, but we do ok. she is 7 1/2 months pregnant and was just put on bed rest (due to high blood pressure). I look foward to being a father again, this time we are having a boy. (we have a 5 1/2 year old girl) I feel we are very blessed in our lives and marriage. god bless. john.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by Hawk03 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:30 am

I'm not complaining too much because it could always be worse. I'm losing my job at the end of next month and I have a wedding to pay for in August. That's the extent of my issues. I'm hopeful I will get a new job by the time I'm done at my current job and we'll find a way to pay for the wedding. Hope everything turns out for the best for everyone.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by Tom77 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:14 am

Hawk03 wrote:I'm not complaining too much because it could always be worse. I'm losing my job at the end of next month and I have a wedding to pay for in August. That's the extent of my issues. I'm hopeful I will get a new job by the time I'm done at my current job and we'll find a way to pay for the wedding. Hope everything turns out for the best for everyone.

We too are doing OK we both have good jobs and although it sometimes gets hard to handle day to day stuff we count our blessings because we have a roof over our heads and food to eat and of course a Malibu in the garage.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by Bruisr on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:03 pm

There were times when I didnt' think we would make it, but I'll tell you my 74 chevelle has seen and saved us from alot of anguish. It sounds silly to say that about a car, so I'll explain. I know this car better than myself, I've been able to make repairs for damn near no money at all, and its been more reliable to me than the sun coming up everyday. There were times when I owned 5 cars and even only this car. But this one has always and will forever be my 1 and only car. I don't care how bad life gets, I'll sell my house before I sell my chevelle. This is my 1st. and last car. I'll die with this car! My son jokes around with me saying he can't wait to inherit my chevelle, and without missing a breath my wife jumps in," Bullshit, We are going to bury your father in that car!" I love my wife!
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by dragons_lair59 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:10 pm

had a blast meeting ya cort limey landon and any other i may meet in the future. this site has proven that im not as odd as everyone thought i was all my life for liking these cars. right now its hard for me to contact everyone with the move and up here at my moms there is no sprint towers so my smart phone is as dumb as a box of rocks lol. but will be getting my phone in a few weeks and also with in a month our own place net and if the g3 im looking at is still there a new g3 in my drive way (fingers crossed)

___________________________________________
Sam

If life was fair I would have 150 G3's
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Managment
Managment

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by JB2wheeler on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 pm

I have had it rough all my life. Stress and worry caused health problems that hit sooner than they would otherwise. I sold my house this week to pay off bills. I sold it for $30,000, which will pay most of my bills and put me on a firm financial foundation. It is a brick ranch style with a custom built 24x24 block gqrage. The guy I sold it to ask me about my health and I wound up telling him God watched over me all my life or I would have never made it. I told him I had a good full life and am ready to go anytime. No regrets, would not trade it off, have had it a lot better than a lot of others. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by knightfan26917 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Bruisr wrote:When I have a rough day, I come here and see hope and motivation! I will go out and tinker with my babies

I haven't visited here since January ... and tinkering isn't an option for me. *shrugs*


Bruisr wrote:I don't know your situation "knightfan" but just don't give up!

Thank you.


alleyball4 wrote:None of us know what someone else is going through. The dark days, where you don't know if you can go on. Or you just feel like giving up.

I am glad all of you, with the struggles strapped to your back, have plodded along. It is my hope, that some of your burdens will be lifted, and that life will turn around, and get easier.

Very true that we don't always know what is "behind the mask" in each person. It can be shocking when we find out, too.

As far as things turning around, I've given up hope & belief that they will for me.


Hawk03 wrote:I'm losing my job at the end of next month and I have a wedding to pay for in August. That's the extent of my issues. I'm hopeful I will get a new job by the time I'm done at my current job and we'll find a way to pay for the wedding.

You are lucky to have that support system. Congrats!

As for your job, at least you know ahead of time & can start taking action! Good luck in your search, too.


Ghost Rider wrote:We too are doing OK we both have good jobs and although it sometimes gets hard to handle day to day stuff we count our blessings because we have a roof over our heads and food to eat and of course a Malibu in the garage.

Counting blessings is the best way to cope....usually.


Bruisr wrote:There were times when I didnt' think we would make it, but I'll tell you my 74 chevelle has seen and saved us from alot of anguish. It sounds silly to say that about a car, so I'll explain.

No need to explain. I completely understand! I'm just losing my cars, that's all.


dragons_lair59 wrote:had a blast meeting ya cort

It was good to meet you, too, last year, Sam! Hard to believe that will be a year ago soon......


JB2wheeler wrote:I have had it rough all my life. Stress and worry caused health problems that hit sooner than they would otherwise. I sold my house this week to pay off bills. I sold it for $30,000, which will pay most of my bills and put me on a firm financial foundation. It is a brick ranch style with a custom built 24x24 block gqrage. The guy I sold it to ask me about my health and I wound up telling him God watched over me all my life or I would have never made it. I told him I had a good full life and am ready to go anytime. No regrets, would not trade it off, have had it a lot better than a lot of others. JB

Aye ... sorry you had to sell your home. I don't have a house to sell, so I'm having to sell my "babies". Thoughts/prayers continuing, JB.....


Limey SE wrote:Cort, you already know my Situation here and cant wait for you to see the New Place !! And the rest of story is well I am glad to start a new chapter YET AGAIN, Unpacking suks but at least this time we didn't have as much to unpack.

As far people I have met since Dan aka BlackChevelleSS started this site back in 2008, You, I have enjoyed meeting up and chatting with on the phone the most, always had some cool place to go and a lot of us seen the travels we wished we could take, that you shared with us thru pictures. And I really hope one day that will come back.

True the floor you think that is shattering is just merely someone holding you up to put a new one under you my friend, I have really really struggled in the past 10 months, you know that but thru it all having a friend like you has made all the difference, even so called people that said they had my back have now turned that same back on me, which in all honesty I could care less, it just goes to show when someone comes into your life that matters and you respect and trust them, It doesn't matter what happens your there.

I AM PROUD TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND and I feel in my heart you have given me the inspiration I have needed in the last ten months !! It will get better Cort that I promise you, When and where I am not sure I don't control that part but it will my friend, That I am sure of !!!

I saved yours for last, Anthony ... b/c it got to me the most. I think your post proves that we don't always see ourselves the way others see us. Kinda wish I could share this elsewhere...LOL.

I've enjoyed meeting up with you, too, Anthony, but I don't think I'll be able to see your new place ... as I've no trips planned (so no more pics....) & will not be going anywhere anytime soon..... Maybe someday.

I hope you're right about a new floor ready to be put in place of the shattered one, but ... well, that isn't a possibility at the moment. I'm not so sure it'll ever get better again. But, who knows.



"The sun is blindin'" __ Pink __ 'Sober'


Life has no pause button & regret is built upon untaken chances ... partly why I started my OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS facebook page.

What momentarily takes away the sting of consequences for choices made & broken promises, commitments, loyalty? A 4-month-old grinning big for you &/or a 4-year-old burying you in stuffed animals! I took this pic of my Nephew & Niece earlier this month:
Life is awesome!  You? 03012013_NieceNephew_cars


At the end of February, I served as a juror in Kane (IL) County. I had fun; it was cool to finally be IN a trial, vs. being called & dismissed twice before. The "Trial By Jury" video we saw the 1st day was ssssooo 1980s, complete with narrator Floyd Brown (original voice of the Victory Auto Wreckers commercial).


Since the end of January, I've managed Autosavant's facebook page on a trial-run basis:
https://www.facebook.com/autosavant

They want me to stay past March 31; I haven't decided yet. The site's focus is newer cars:
http://www.autosavant.com/

I enjoyed this parody, done by Kevin Gordon for a series he films for Autosavant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgCXgZFOzW4&list=UUJPePobbNE1FDzv1SXCcJAg&index=151



Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
*** 3rd GEN MC (1978,1979,1980) FORUM > http://thirdgenmontes.proboards.com/
* roadsNwheels + CapriceClassicForum = http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/
"Everybody I meet seems to have their one & only" __ BJ Thomas __ 'The Whole World's In Love When You're Lonely'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by Graham Perkins on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:45 pm

Hello,

It sounds like you have had a rough time over the last few years, but it sounds like you are doing better. Keep strong and keep a positive attitude!
Things are getting better for me, my business went under thanks to the great economy almost 2 years ago, but the local Chev dealer hired me right away when I told them I was looking for work. I don't make the money I did before but I managed to keep my home and most of my cars. Things are looking up. And spring is here and it will be time to put my 76 and my wifes 77 malibus back on the road.

Good luck and take care, Graham.
Graham Perkins
Graham Perkins
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Life is awesome!  You? Empty Re: Life is awesome! You?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum