G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T Top Weatherstrips

4 posters

Go down

T Top Weatherstrips Empty T Top Weatherstrips

Post by sick73chevelle Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:32 pm

I found a local guy selling used T Top setup but as usual the weatherstrips are garbage. He says that I can get replacement seals from a company that sells vintage Olds parts out of Connecticut. Of course he can't remember the name of the place, which leads me to believe that it does not exsist. My question is, does any place produce or sell replacement weatherstripping for 73-77 GM Hurst t-tops?
sick73chevelle
sick73chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

T Top Weatherstrips Empty Re: T Top Weatherstrips

Post by Sleddogg Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:52 pm

T-tops of this era are a PITA. There were so many manufactures and many of them were fly by night at best. If the glass says Hurst Hatch on them, you probably have a better chance of finding seals. I am not personally aware of anyone selling the Hurst seals aftermarket, but they surface on ebay every now and again. If they are some of they other makes...it's really a crap shoot. Mine have leaked since I got the car, and it's one of those things, if I had my choice..they would be gone.

Just my experience, yours may vary Very Happy
Sleddogg
Sleddogg
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by sick73chevelle Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:07 am

They were a poor design. I have owned at least 2 G3's with t-tops and they all leaked to some degree. Maybe thats why no major weatherstrip Mfg reproduces the seals, they know that they will leak anyways and consumers will blame them. Almost everybody with t-tops says they wish that they didn't have them just like you did. You gotta admit though, they are nice on dry days goin down the road with the hatches off.
sick73chevelle
sick73chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleddogg Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:33 am

During the summer time my tune changes dramatically, however in Oregon, that tune is short lived. The rest of the time, it has to stay under cover or under a tarp. Even a trip to the car wash results in a wet rear end lol. If there were someone out there manufacturing seals for these things, I would be first in line, because I really like T-tops. Some of my best memories involve T-Tops and warm summer nights and....I won't go into details..family forum Smile
Sleddogg
Sleddogg
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:57 am

The company in CT is called Fusick. They deal in just Olds and Caddy and know their stuff. My buddy just bought a pile of parts from them for his 71 Cutlass.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:24 am

Here is scanned the page with the T-top seal

[url=[url=https://servimg.com/view/17248508/201]T Top Weatherstrips T_top_10

Here is the website
https://fusick.com/catalogdownload.htm