G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well that was a big box of disapointment.

3 posters

Go down

Well that was a big box of disapointment.  Empty Well that was a big box of disapointment.

Post by texan01 Thu May 16, 2013 10:49 pm

So I was hoping to re-do my front seat in a cloth/vinyl like it had. Found a kit at NPD with cloth, in green and ordered it. Wanted to have it in time to get it installed for Power Tour so I didn't have to put 3,000 miles on a car with a bucket for a bench seat.

It came tonight, opened it up and was looking at it, when my 72 year old red/green colorblind dad said from across the room "That don't look quite right" and he's not a big car person.

It's nice materials, but the vinyl backs of the seat backs have a black panel for the textured part, there's a slit up the sides where the arm rest is, that has no business being there, the headrests and armrest has cloth where there shouldn't be, it's missing the buttons (no big deal) and the velour itself looks like something from a cheap parts store slip-on cover.

I guess I'll install my dirty, tan vinyl seat from the a Sprint that has good springs and foam, and surprisngly decent vinyl. grr.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Well that was a big box of disapointment.  Empty Re: Well that was a big box of disapointment.

Post by pila Fri May 17, 2013 12:04 am

Send it back.
I had to send the seat upholstery back for my Elco. It was the wrong type, but it was good material. I wound up talking to the manager at the Michigan depot, and we figured out the correct upholstery. And it came out fine.
It's a bench seat by the way......

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Well that was a big box of disapointment.  Empty Re: Well that was a big box of disapointment.

Post by texan01 Fri May 17, 2013 12:23 am

yeah, I'm going to call them in the morning. Just was rather disappointed that I wasn't going to redo my seat tomorrow.

I knew it wasn't going to be the exact color, since my 77 has a sage green, and I ordered the only green they offered for the bench. Now the rear seat cover... thats going to be the expensive one, since I'll have to have it custom made. being a 4 door I can't order a cover, it'll have to be custom made at a cost of about $700.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri May 17, 2013 7:03 am

I tried to bring up the website for Golden Eagle Classics. They seem to either be having issues with their website or who knows what. They have many options for our cars as far as seat upholstery & prices are very reasonable. Maybe give them a call, hopefully they are still in business. The 800 number is @ the bottom of this page....can't get anything by clicking on the catalog. Good luck.

http://www.goldeagleclassics.com/catalogs.php
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Fri May 17, 2013 8:56 am

thanks, I'll check it out.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Fri May 17, 2013 9:59 am

texan01 wrote:thanks, I'll check it out.

Just called and due to two deaths in the business they are only open on saturdays from 11-3.

NPD is refunding my money, after expressing my concern with their product. They say that their supplier of 73-77 covers isn't exactly great.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri May 17, 2013 5:44 pm

That's too bad. See if they'll send you a catalog or email you the page that has the 73-77 stuff. They had both vinyl & cloth/vinyl options for benches as well as rear seats and swivel bucket seat materials for both Chevelle & Monte Carlo with or without buttons. I think that a lot of resellers buy their products & mark them up- if I remember correctly you could get a front/rear 'package deal' & it was right around $500.00 for both.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Fri May 17, 2013 6:24 pm

See if I had a two door it'd been ok.. sedan rear seats are cut differently and about 5" wider.

I did find a cached copy on google, and looks like they do offer a cloth cover, for about what I paid NPD for mine. $364.

One friend suggested I take the cover to a trim shop and see what they could do with it, but if I'm going to go that route, I'll just get one custom made completely instead of cutting up and tossing away a lot of money/material.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum